Need a listening ear?

Posted , 5 users are following.

are you feeling lonly and you need a listening ear? Please write your problem down so i can help

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi nasra

That's very kind of you to offer you help I'm feeling lonely right now but I'm trying to be positive as I have come off all my meds as been on them for 32 years and they made me very ill. Had bad withdrawals for a while but feeling a bit better now, it's early days for me being med free but trying others ways to help myself. Feeling worried though as I'm not sure how I'm going to be in myself, I'm very emotional at the moment but just trying hard to stay strong but do have a lot of fear 

• Posted

I hope you dont mind my bad english i am replying from holland,

i undersrand that you are scared its a normal reaction. but your not alone we all feel a bit scared and lonly now and then. can you tell me your fears? 

• Posted

You should not be afraid about not getting better, that makes you forget the progress you have already made. its oke to feel down once in a while it makes us human. you should always keep in mind that there are other people who are in worse conditions. Do not forget the good things in your life. like your family, friends  and children. Don't be to hard on yourself 
    • Posted

I understand and I do have gratitude for the good things in my life. I just want to get well and be able to do normal things like go to work as I'm fed up living in poverty. I want to be comfortable in the company off other people and not anxious because I'm fed up with isolating and being stuck at home all the time it's just no life it's just an existence 
    • Posted

have you ever thought about changing scenery,

Maybe going on a vacation? Sometimes we need to get out of the daily routine? Are you a religous person? 

• Posted

Yes I would love to go on a vacation but have no money to do things like that. Yes I am religious 
    • Posted

What do you do at the moment and what kinda religion do you follow? im trying to get a broader view of your sitaution so i can understand them better. hope you don't mind all my questions.
    • Posted

Hi nasra

What I do at the moment is try and get out of the House every day go for a walk for example. I don't follow any particular religioun as I believe there is only one God so I don't think it matters about following any particular religion. I was brought up as a catholic I didn't like it because I was all whys told at school ( catholic school) that if I done something wrong God will strike me down. I believe in a forgiving God, not one that punishes as like the Catholics seem to think 

• Posted

Hi micheal, 

i agree with your views,   Why i asked about religion is, that i sometimes struggle with some mood swings and depressions, doctors can't always provide us with al the answers.

I started researching other religions and what our purpose is in life. i use to be very skeptical about it, but by reading about different beliefs i found a lot of answers. It helped me to become a better person and i started to feel better every day. 

Mostly we are so busy with every day life and the little problems.  that we forget to question why we are here,

Everybody is searching for something, we have a short time to find this. 

Try to get a piece of paper and write down your good traits and bad,

The good things in your life and the bad things in it.

What have you learned about it? 

It helps me sometimes when i lose track of everything,i know it sounds silly.

After you write this down, think about the purpose of your life, what did you do? What do you wanna do and what did you accomplice this. Maybe you'll find out that you have new interesses

Or even see the things you missed and haven't even noticed.

and find a solution and the  cause of your problem

• Posted

Thank you 

I will try all you have said and see how it goes  

• Posted

My husband doesn't understand !! Or care. I don't no how to get it across to him how I feel. He has seen everything I go though but still doesn't get it x
    • Posted

Maybe that is his own way in dealing with the sitaution, He thinks by ignoring it there nothing wrong. He doesnt know what to do. 

Give him some time and let it al sink in. Dont worry to much.

The important thing is that you focus on yourself. Maybe have long talk with your husband about other things. Try to keep it positive like going out for dinner or just watching a movie togheter. just lighting up the mood. Sometimes distraction is good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.