Need a little reassurance

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been on 40mg fluoxetine for 5 weeks now and last week I had some really good days but the last few days have been awful,  with today being particularly bad, with my anxiety being high constantly!  Please tell me this is just a blip 😥  I am reading that it can take up to 8 weeks to fully kick in...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was on 20mg of Fluoxetine many moons ago, and I was told by the psychiatrist at the time. Fluoxetine takes Two weeks to take affect, I'm on (my fourth day) 50mg of Sertraline a day, due to anxirty. Hope this help.

• Posted

I started week 11 today on 40mg and everyday is different but there are some days where i feel as if im back to day one with panic, and anxiety, today being one of those days.*** ppl tel lme to stick it out as it can take up to months to fully work to it's potential.So hang in there  your not alone.

• Posted

Hey Jesika, hope you are having a good day.  It's just such hard work at the moment, after having 3 good days last week and now going backwards - I just worry I'm not going to get better!  Anyway sorry to an, we're all struggling in our own way.  It's nice to have someone to talk to, where are you from?

• Posted

you will get better, i feel better overall, what's killing me right now is this dam neck pain, not sure if it's due to anxiety or stress or what? but because i worry about it so much, it sparks my anxiety. but at 11 weeks i feel way better than when i started.

• Posted

im from los angeles califonia

• Posted

Wow LA - somewhere I've always wanted to visit - I'm from the UK.

Having a weird day today, anxiety up a bit but feeling very lethargic (can't be bothered attitude) and a bit shaky, but felt a bit normal last night which was nice,just wish it would stay! How's your neck today? Have a good day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.