Need advice

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm freaking out! My chest hurts my left arm was bothering me. I have anxiety and I have been to the heart dr and they say my heart is fine but I get so scared. Does anyone fell like this? It makes it hard to sleep and my heart pounds.and I feel cold. Can someone tell me they feel like this so I know I'm not crazy!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Akincaid, Anxiety comes in many forms and unfortunately makes you super sensitive to what is happening to your body, My experience and Symptoms with Anxiety are.

. Palpitations

. Hyperventilation

. Rapid Heart rate

. Weakness in the Legs

. Feeling my Heart pound in my chest

(without placing my hand on my Chest)

. And the horrible sensation of demise.

These are only a few symptoms of Anxiety and the good people in this forum are very supportive and extremely helpful, I am now on 50mg Sertraline and have been for 3 Weeks. This medication has helped me greatly, the more you stress over Anxiety attacks the worse you make. A very kind lady on here told me to breath with your belly rather than your chest, this slows the Heart down quicker in Anxiety. Also to add, Anxiety is a psychological condition rather than a physical one.

• Posted

You're not crazy. If you were never checked by a doctor I would be a bit concerned.. But your HEART doctor said your HEART is fine.. Its just bad anxiety.. It gives us the symptoms were terrified of just to stick around.. Don't let it bother you just try and get some sleep. Hopefully you have a better day when you wake up in the morning

• Posted

It would be very helpful to you to have a doctor diagnose anxiety. At least you would know for sure what you are dealing with. From what you write, it sounds like anxiety to me. Your GP should be able to do this.
  • Posted

Hello Akincaid

If you have had your heart checked it must be possibly Anxiety.

Many years ago when I was concerned like you my GP had said if you are young and in a quiet bedroom, lying down we can sometimes hear or feel a heart beat.

I suppose if this is so it must be healthy and it is stress that is causing a problem.

It is not a problem in the heart.

If you are still feeling concerned make a further appontment with your GP. All I know I have been where you are now and I try and carry on without making possible problems worse than what they are. Your heart has been proven by your GP, It is ok, I would trust the Surgery.

Remember you are in partnership with your GP and He wants you to be fit and healthy

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.