Need advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

My son have lot of food allergies and geting hives folowed with oedema that can come and go in a minutes.last mount he has been in so much rushes amd redness on his hands and foot,the gp didnt onow at the begining what it is and start with hand footh and mouth virus then exzema then fungal infection folowed with treatmans with creams that didnt really helped much now he nave very dry skin that is pilling on his hands and feet in patches and start his hives too again and i visit yesteday his gp that didnt know what to tell me and end up transfering the whole situation on me .i am just a worried depress mother that worry for just a dry skin and want to reffer me to health visitor to see me about my worries of my son alleries.this made me so feeling bad and thinking why she is treating me this way.i dont mind seeing health visitor if that help but i felt she talking to me in a way that she should not.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would ask to see another doctor or the Practice nurse for advice. It probably needs a good moisture cream rubbing in to the skin several times a day in the meantime. You could ask a pharmacist for advice too.
  • Posted

My 5 yr old son has been having allergic issues leading to puffy eyes, middle ear fluid and dry chapped lips throughout the year. He has been thru antihistamines and antibiotics and what not. However, one thing which I noticed helped him was honey apllication or beewax based cream application. I think symptoms that arise due to allergies tend to go away with age. So, trying to control the situation till it becomes stable is probably the only way i see it. I hope the cream suggestion proves helpful. Goodluck.
  • Posted

I'm wondering if Aloe vera gel might help to moisturise and nourish his skin. I have skin allergies, I get hives, prickly heat spots and I have Candida, a fungal infection. The gel is very soothing and cooling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.