Need advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

The past 2 weeks I have been getting bad food and acid reflux everytime I eat, I have tried tablets which reduce acid in the stomach and Gaviscon but it keeps coming back.

I get a bad milky taste in my mouth?

Also I suffer with bad constipation yet I eat good, drink plenty of water and fibre. 

I'm unsure what to do? any advice? 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You need to recognise there's a difference between acid and reflux, though they are usually combined together.

Medication reduces acid but not reflux. You may need to control this by lifestyle modification.

Visit the free book / website www DownWithAcid org uk for more information.

• Posted

I take prilosec for my reflux and it helps. apparently it's a very strong med but it takes about a month to take full effect (at least for me anyway). my doctor said i had to take it consistently every day too. 

• Posted

Hi becky38829, my name is stephon, i understand that your going through , i have personally had the same thing as you...i can advise you to start eating meals with meat, veggies, and dont drink pop or acohol. 

Heres what you should avoid, pop, beer, spicy food, mustard, ketch-up, oranges and fast food. Try to have a good healthy meal, don't eat fast food, thats the worst thing you can do. Try to avoid the thing i listed and try to write down what food make you feel upset to get a better view. About the constipation, i never really had it badly, for me it was a go-n-come..drink lots of water, eat whole-wheat bread and cereal...They say  prune juicereally helps with constipation and bananas( only when the bananas are ripe). Hope you get better !

• Posted

Hi, 

I have started eating small meals through out the day which have been very healthy but my nausea has been worse then ever. I tried cider vinegar yesterday which helped a little but it keeps coming back.

Do you have any advice?

• Posted

Umm, try to write or make a list of foods , that make you make sick or whatever. Then make another list of foods that make you feel fine and good, seriously my bets advice to you is to eat small meals drink drink pop and see a GP/GI. Ask you doctor to refer you to them so they can look in further. They'll do test to look for acid and plenty of other stuff. I myself is waiting to do a acid,ulcers, celiac etc test. Best of luck and I hope you get rid of this problem, stephon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.