Need advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been struggling for over 10 years with severe depression but recently noticed that my actions aren't coming across normal and I am starting to scare myself.

I have major highs and have break downs and I start thinking of ways to take my life and then massive cry and then the next day I am better or I can go from being the life and soul to then be majorly down in a heartbeat. I also have an issue with obsessing over things and can't settle unless it is done then and there.

I buy things all the time because i want new things and like new things,I buy it and then I'm not fussed about the thing I bought after abit. I have got into debt.

I want to go to the doctor but I wanted advise on if people thought I could have bi polar before showing myself up at the doctors.

Please help.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm not a doctor, but also have Bipolar2.   What you're describing sounds to me exactly like Bipolar 1.    Your  swift mood changes, up and down, up and down are classic.   And, buying items I didn't need was very much the way I "handled" my down times .... I thought they would make me feel better, but they didn't.   When I was up, I was the life of the party ..... not obnoxious, just friendly to everyone .... everyone was my friend.

Two strong suggestions ....... get yourself in to see a PsyD (licensed Psychologist) , and I am sure he/she will send you to a Psychiatrist to begin medication to help control your large mood swings.   If it weren't for my therapist and psychiatrist, I doubt I'd be here today.

Please friend ..... give yourself that gift ....... you will be ever so glad you did.   Let us know how things are going.  You're worth it!

barbara

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.