Need advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies, need some advice I have been peri for 4 years doing ok then the last 3 month not been feeling good on new hrt femoston tables 2/10 been on them a week i know it is not long and takes time, the first few days started to feel well but the last 3 days not felt well I had a bad head ache and started to feel anxious in the mornings. Do not know if I should ask for anxiety Meds just to help and did not know if I could take them with hrt

Thanks

Paula

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Paula, if you're experiencing headaches you need to contact your doctor asap. Headaches on hrt is not a good sign. In fact, you should stop it asap. You will need to try something else. Contact your doctor first chance you get.

• Posted

Hi Sochima, just got an appointment for tonight will she what she says.
  • Posted

I am on Femoston too, it takes time for your body to adjust. I was a bit depressed at first but feel much better now. I started to see the full benefits after 6-7 months on it. Hope it helps. 
    • Posted

Thank you Vicky feel ok on them it is the headache that make me feel unwell going to doctors to see if there is any thing I can take ,paracetamol has not helped.
  • Posted

I just started on the patches too and also feel anxious this morning ... like a false energy. Don’t like it .... going to cut my patch  in half and see how I do . So want this to work but feel so weird on it . 
    • Posted

Hi Lori hope you feel better soon just come back from doctors gave me co-codamol said it could be tension headache just don't know what to think any more.

• Posted

Yes they just want to give you more pills .... that’s what I’m noticing . 
  • Posted

Hi Paula, I'm on my 5th week but this last week feel like I'm coming on have headaches, anxiety(was better today though) waking up early, moody and teary yesterday and itching worse. My first 2 days on it I had headaches and bit of nausea but went and felt better for 2 weeks but now I feel horrible 😦

• Posted

Are you on estrogen only ? Or the combo patch ? I got off the combo patch as I guess the progesterone made me feel very depressed. I’m about to give up with all this ... it’s just all so risky and no two people are alike . I think if you’re sensitive to meds as I am then you’re going to be sensitive to hormones . 
    • Posted

Hi sarah you read hrt helps with it all and my frist lot of hrt did and then it was discontinued then on patches where ok up until 3 months ago now feel I am going backwards.
    • Posted

No Lori, on Tibolone which is mostly progesterone a bit of estrogen and bit of testosterone. Yes I am also sensitive to meds. What I don't understand if like me you still have regular- ish periods and your blood test for hormones comes back normal how do docs know what you need eg. low progesterone, no progesterone. I just am confused with it all and sick of taking tablets for everything.

• Posted

Yes I am just very confused as like you say you read it's a miracle cure for Meno but is it for peri as my doc put me on Tibolone which is meant for after Meno so I'm confused.

• Posted

Mine has been low for many years now but the worst part only hit me in April . Before that had lots of panic anxiety most days and that started at 41.  Now at 52 it’s been absolutely awful .... can’t wait to feel somewhat normal again . Sick of drs .. appts .. trying this trying that ... I think that depresses you ! It becomes all consuming it’s not healthy for our minds .
    • Posted

Yes definitely, I get so worked up and anxious when I have to go back to Doc's as not used to having to go so much and all they do is chuck more tablets at you and if your sensitive to meds and say I can't try this or that they look at you like your a lost cause. It all adds to the stress we already under. HELP!! 😣

• Posted

I hear ya Sarah ! I’m getting so stressed with all of this ... I can hear my mom saying ‘ take a break love ‘ . It’s like you keep trying and trying  and nothing is working . Gosh wish somebody would have figured this out years ago ... why is it all so complicated ? When you take a sleeping pill you sleep right ? So why is it when you take a hormone or AD pill it may work it may not ?  Doesn’t make sense .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.