Need advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello so I was diagnosed with PR around two weeks ago by my doctor. The first outbreak of patches started exactly 3 weeks ago. New patches dont seem to be appearing anymore but the old patches don't seem to be improving much. I've been taking lysine supplements twice a day plus a multi vitamin and Ive been washing my body with head and shoulders in cold water for the past two weeks but haven't seen much improvement. I tried Prreze for the 5 day cycle but that didn't seem to do much. The only thing that has made the rash look better has been the tanning beds. after the first session my rash was very faded the next morning but it went back to red later on. after my second session the rash wasnt as faded and is no longer bright red but is darker and more purpleish. if anyone has any recommendations that worked for them please share! my dermatologist cant see me until next month and then ill be at school shortly after so im desperate for this rash to go away.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Maria,

I would highly recommend going in the ocean, it will feel like your skin is burning for about 10 minutes after you get out as its salt water, the sea water definitely made my rash heal faster.

I took a Telfast every morning which is a antihistamine, it seemed to help with the itching and sorbolean cream was also great to reduce itching. Check with your doctor that its ok for you to take Telfast or any other antihistamine first.

Good luck when you get to week 4 it feels much better.

Gary

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.