Need advice don’t know what else to try !

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI Everyone,

I have been having some vaginal irritation , itching and burning. No infection. I am beginning to think that maybe its the laundry detergent since recently i read that as you get older you become more sensitive. I have always used Tide . Has anyone experienced this sort of issue or any advice as to which laundry detergent to use . Thanks so much .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You dont say how old you are Sunflower,but if you are past the menopause it could be a lowering of oestrogen levels. A low level oestrogen cream from your doctor may help

Have you seen a doctor to rule out an infection or are you just assuming its not an infection? There are lots of causes of vaginal irritation.

Try changing your detergent to something very mild or one especially for babies.

I'm guessing you are not in UK because Tide is called Daz here.

• Posted

Marina Dee , thank you for taking the time to respond. I am post menopausal . i have gone to my gyn and she said that I have vaginal atrophy . No infection . She has recommended either Vit E or coconut oil . I cannot use the estrogen creams because of A FIB . I have tried the coconut oil but didnt help much . Thats why i thought that if i change the detergent it might help some . Here in the US we do have detergents that are for sensitive individuals like All Clear is one of them . But I havent tried it . If you know of anything else tgat might help me i would greatly sppreciate it . Thanks

• Posted

I understand your gynaes reluctance to give you oestrogen and coconut oil is used by lots of women for this problem. However dont give up...there are lots of products for sale on line and it really is a case of searching and trying everything until something suits you.

• Posted

Try dr bronners castile liquid soap you can use that to do just about everything. I switched to that to shower i also swiched to reusable pads that i wash out by hand. I wash my clothes in baking soda if i have stains i use peroxide. You can also use arm and hammer free and clear detergent. Try that for atleast a month and see id it helps. It wouldnt hurt to check with the dr to rule out other possibilities i never experienced itching.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.