Need advice for disabled mom

Posted , 3 users are following.

My mom, 65yrs old is disabled with frailty, osteo, nerve damage, and constant unhealed broken bones. She lives in a trailor with my older brother. He has been unemployed for a decade and she provides everything for him. He doesnt go anywhere, doesnt speak to anyone. He is full of rage and recently physically beat up on my uncle who was visiting my mom, for no reason. My mom is constantly in and out of hospitals, then sent to nursing homes for rehab. But after coming home, my brother cannot take care of her. Shes on medicaid, and we are in MN. She recently came home from the hospital, at Mayo. My brother is mentally and emotionally abusing her. I cant go there until tomorrow because Im afraid of my brother. She is unsafe and I dont know what to do. She said socail services are coming Monday to see her situation. I think shes sitting in her own feces right now, she cant get out of her chair. And its not safe for me to go there tonight...if i did i cant physically care for her either. What should I do? The hospital didnt want to send her to a nursing home thos time

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

figure it out. i answered myself, cuz no one else did

• Edited

I am not sure how to advise you Erin. I hear the desperation in your writing. Please don't give up, please don't. There has to be an answer. I will see can't come up with some helpful information for you. You are a very precious concerned person. Don't let anything deter you from finding the right resolution for your mother and yourself. You are in my prayers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.