Need advice! Just recently diagnosed.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I work in a job that is physically demanding, and had taken to depending on ibuprofen for pain relief. Little did i know that that was causing me to flair up!

I can't really take anything with acetaminophen as it causes me to get extremely dizzy.

Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives for pain relief?

Thank you all for your time!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Codeine is probably the only thing left but you will need a prescription to get ii without Tylenol being in it also... and, with the opioid crisis Dr.s are hesitant to order it.  I have a friend with migraines and she does use it as it is the only thing that works for her...  has for years, no addiction problem...  but not for everyone probably.  Good Luck with handling the lichen planus, it can be a difficult thing it seems.

• Posted

Are you sure it’s the ibuprofen that is causing VLP flair ups? I was diagnosed about a year ago with VLP,  and I take ibuprofen for headaches or toothache pain with no VLP flair ups. I hope that others on this forum will reach out to you.  The people on this forum are caring and helpful. Good luck. 
  • Posted

A dermatologist told me that my oral LP is an autoimmune disease but allergy mediated, meaning that any allergy issues may cause a flare up, perhaps you are a little allergic to Ibuprofen, as am I, only mine is quite severe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.