Need advice on benifit plz

Posted , 2 users are following.

I been off work awhile and just got a letter from my employer ssp1 ... I don't even know what to do never claimed in my life .

Am 3 weeks since back operation , don't even know how long I be off for . Still getting slight pain in my leg .

Just generally fed up , how long does it take for claim go threw ? And how much do u get ?

This is all new to me don't even think I could get to job centre can't drive yet .

What a rubbish 9 months I had and now no money

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If your employed u will get statutory sick pick from your employer it's roughly £86 a wk they claim it back of the government, but if yr health issues have been on going longer that 3 month and will last longer than 9 month u can apply for personal independence living payments. But your condition has to effect you more than 50% of the time. Google pip descriptors and points to work out what u believe fits yr criteria. Then ring pip start yr claim over the phone. They will no doubt send u for a medical then they will decide if you qualify . Payments will be back dated from the first phone call to them. If I get a medical take some one with u ask them to take notes . Think very carefully how u answer. If yr not well enough to let them physically examine u on the day . U can refuse . I've always refused because I've always been in to much pain. Make sure u send as much medical info as possible with yr claim. Photo copy any medical notes or letters. U can obtain these from yr Gp at a small cost . The whole process can take up to 16 wks . But if I qualify it's all back dated. U can also work and claim this benefit depending on the type of work. Good look

• Posted

Thanks Jessica, trying get in touch with these people over the phone a joke . I wasn't getting a lot from work really anyway .

As for pip am not sure I be entitled to it am hopeing to be back to work as soon as I can manage it .

3 weeks on from operation am wondering how long is it before the pain goes in back of your leg ?

Pain in me back gone , but I still have pain in back me leg , have say not as bad as before but still there and still having take pain killers . Was hopeing by now I be pain free or is this me wishful thinking ?

How you getting on as you had operation same day as me

• Posted

Donna u can work and claim pip depending on the types of work i.e. if u don't mind me asking what kind of work do u do. Phoneing pip is not that bad. I had spinal fusion 3 weeks ago ,still very sore pains here three leg cramps . It will take time , get yr self some arnica tablets from holland and Barrett £3 heal you from the inside and ring pop you've nothing to loose x

• Posted

Thanks Jessica , I work for greggs so my job very physical. When I spoke to surgeon he said I could be off up to 3 months coz of how physical my job is .

And I will defoe get them tablets when can get my partner to drive me . And I will look into pip as you say got nothing to lose.

Just trying get hole of job centre at moment is a joke

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.