need advice on best pain relief for chronic pancreatitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm just having my second bad attack of chronic pancreatitis last year it was found I had a cyst of over 6 cm which was drained and all has been fine . Last Monday I had another bad attack was taken to hospital where they found the cyst has filled again. I'm in so much pain this time I'm on dhc continus 120 twice a day plus paracetamol that wasn't touching the pain hospital prescribed treamadol plus paracetamol again this is barely having any effect. It's a week now of constant pain nausea no sleep I feel I will never be normal again . Does anyone have any advice on the best pain relief for this I had morphine in the hospital and that helped a little can the doctor prescribe morphine for you any advice would be very welcome thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I know your pain and if you are in the UK and have a GP yes you can have morphine on prescription. I have been on pain relief since first being diagnosed with CP several years ago, after various juggling of meds I find Zomorph ( a slow release capsule lasting 12 hours) twice daily I can manage my pain. This keeps a level background dose without any dips or losses of pain relief.  There are other means of pain relief, including other variations of Morphine available. I hope this helps you. Jo x
    • Posted

Hi jo

Many thanks for your reply I'm back at doctors today I will ask about this.thanks again

• Posted

I heard of applying heat pads helps with the pain.

Also you might want to start a high antioxidant juices or capsules to help reverse the cp, studies from ncbi show quite great results.

another thing is chelated magnesium, it helps to decalcify youre pancreas.

please keep us updated i will pray for you and hope you go back to enjoying youre life soon.

godbless and take care.

• Posted

Hi Henry

Many thanks I keep seeing magnesium being mentioned and juices I will google more information Thank you for taking the time to reply

• Posted

So sorry you are having so much pain. 

Unfortunately, the body does not like empty spaces so am not surprised that the cyst refilled. 

Talk to your doctor about the continued pain and nausea and see if he will prescribe morphine or a different pain medication for you. 

Sending good thoughts that you are pain free soon.

• Posted

Thank you for replying I am back at doctors today I am going to ask about different medications thank you for replying
  • Posted

my wife has had her cyst for 2 years and had it drained 3 times. surgeon said it should be removed as it couldbe/was precancerous. as i said earlier she went to hospital had the surgeon open her up, excuse me, and inspected the pancerous to find the cyst had dissapeared. he then had to sew her up again and suggested a ct scan in 3 months. meanwhile she is  in a lot of pain after having her stomach muscles cut etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.