Need advice on how to cope!!!! Please!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys! So about a month and half ago I had my first panic attack. Happened while I was sleeping went to bed with a weird feeling in chest woke up gasping for air. Next one happened in Walmart. Maybe 3 weeks later. Then on Monday I had one after a long day at work. Since Monday I've been on edge. I convinced myself last night that I was having a heart attack so I went to er..... everything looked great. They did the ecg on my heart and took my vitals 3 times. There's something in me that knows I'm perfectly fine. But then the other part keeps creating chest anxiety on the left side. Like an ache. And also I keep waking up sad and extremely nauseous.

Sometimes my heart feels odd, I know I'm okay though but then at the same time I don't. I'm exhausted by this. No I'm not pregnant. And yes I'm eating healthy now and exercising. Help!! sad

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Emily

Anxiety attacks can mimic heart attacks perfectly. And i get all the symptoms you describe and much more. I was supossed to post a new forum called "Why GAD sufferers still worry" but its getting sent for moderation ... Which i dont know why rolleyes but anyway... Theyre many ways to cope with stress, like meditation... Listening to music, developing a hobby or maybe even sex.

Talk to your GP about your anxiety problems, for they will provide you with some treatment options. Try CBT. It could help!!!

• Posted

emily 

If not already after your tests, have words with your Doctor.

Relaxation Techniques may help you. In the UK they are using Mindfullness Relaxation Technique, it is more inclusive than the older systems and you may be able to get a book on Amazon about how it all works;

Breathing Techniques can also help ask your GP for assistance on how to use this to make you relax

BOB

• Posted

The onset of all this is scary and exhausting. It might be better to go ahead and see a counsellor or therapist so you can get proper guidance early in and begin ti learn how to self calm and manage this, many dont and think they can ignore it with the same thinking and no changes and it heightens.

the very first thing you do is get a full physical and bloodwork. Then a counsellor or therapist.

• Posted

Dear Emily

I have had the night panics, waking up gasping for air, I would recommend taking magnesium for anxiety, I have had anxiety in menopause ( the tight chest feeling) etc feeling doom and gloom. Caffeine and alcohol will make it worse too and lack of sleep x

• Posted

I had to take the tablets for a week or so before it helped also bannas and dark chocolate are a good source x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.