Need advice on my nail I broke..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I need advice on breaking my nail.. This past Wednesday i broke my nail.. Im pretty sure it broke my real nail the "fake nail" is still attached though it bleed but when i got home i cleaned it the best i could and now im cleaning it with peroxide and was keeping it wrapped up so no germs would get too it i didnt wrap it up today wanted some air too get to it so maybe it would help with the healing process.. Its really really sore.. And still swollen and hurts.. Is there anything i can do too help with it hurting and the swolleness ?? I want too take the "fake nail" off but it hurts too bad.. image image

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Can you clip the fake nail back as short as possible? Or get someone to do it for you, holding the real nail tight flat while its done to prevent movement? You have probably ripped the nail off the nail bed so it will be quite painful. Once you have the nail shortened then just keep it clean with soap and water and rinse well...no need for peroxide...that could make it very sore.

Wrap a plaster/bandaid around the nail to keep it flat. If your thumb goes red and starts throbbing,go to your doctor. You are right to let it dry out as much as possible. As the pain subsides you will be able to take the fake nail off without too much bother,but it may take a couple of weeks.

• Posted

the same thing has happened to my false acrylic nail I would recommend keeping it wrapped around and sterile gauze with Vaseline and cleaning it out daily with hydrogen peroxide . also don't be scared don't be nervous all you have to do is leave the acrylic nail on and leave your nail where it is don't mess with it and then your nail should grow back into place like mine dis

• Posted

epsom salt! a similar thing happened to me when i was playing volleyball with acrylic’s. my nail plate ripped out of my cuticle and my whole nail was attached on only one side. it was throbbing like crazy and the epsom salt made it go away and removed any bacteria.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.