NEED ADVICE...OVARIAN CYST

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi! New here, my last attempt for help... So 7 months ago i went to er and they found an ovarian cyst it was 4.5 cm they just gave me extra strength ibuprofen and said to see my reg. Dr in as soon as i can. Well at the time it didnt bother me too muchnand was told it would go away on its own so i left it alone and did not have a follow up appt. Afew weeks later I had back pai which i figured i just hurt my back doing yard work this went on for awhile i started going to my dr. About the back pain it.was starting to go down my right hip and my foot would get tingly. So my dr prescribes me muscle relaxers which went on for awhile. I saw a few drs they were all in the same clinic. Then in October 2017 i went to the er in excruciating pain where they took an mri, ct scan, xrays and ultra sounds they found the cyst now almost 7.5 cm. All the er did then was iv pain meds that really didn't do much then sent me home i followed up with my dr. And i was told "i don't know why you are in so much pain you shouldn't be feeling that kind of pain" sends me home with a referral to see an obgyn. Of course they can't see me for 8 weeks. So finally that appointment is here in 2 days. So my reason for this post is i need a little advice. 2 days until my appt im in more pain then ever. I just want to give up. Im so exhausted from the pain and going on my 2nd night in a row with no sleep. Im so depressed right now. Im wondering if i should just go to the er now but im thinking ill spend 8 or so hours there for nothing. Im so uncomfortable and miserable i really want some sleep... Anyone got any advice please asap. Thank you.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Honestly it sounds more like sciatica than your cyst, it's a bit unusual for on ovarian cyst to make your foot tingle and your hip hurt. I think thats why your dr is saying that.

However if your cyst is still growing, you might need it removing.

Speak to your obgynabout that.

• Posted

Yeah one dr told me the cyst is probably pushing on my sciatic nerve. I just cant wait til this gets figured out.
  • Posted

We are in a similar boat it seems, trying to get thru this pain but can't seem to get it under control.  My wheat bag is offering some relief but painkillers are not working.  I'm going to try to tesearch alternative pain killers and see if there's anything.  I'm also wondering if it's worse when Im sedentary, like you I'm feeling so exhausted but in to much pain to get relief from laying down.  If I find anything I'll let u know.  

• Posted

Thank you soo much. Uhhh i just want to sleep im so tired. But the laing down tossing and turning to be comfortable is making it worse.
  • Posted

Wow idk why they didnt operate ypu then if they saw the cyst grew!:o i had excruciating pain and went to the er was a 4cm cyst. It's reduce in size then but still hurts. If your in so much pain i wouldn't wait but they might just send you home with ibuprofen thats what they did to me rolleyes.

• Posted

Thats exactly what they did last time at the er. Ahh! I just want this to be over and feel better.
    • Posted

I would go to an obgyn and try getting it removed. A cyst bigger than 5 cm should be removed and it worries me because it has grown not shrunk but to give you some relief i had an ovarian cyst 4 cm and it shrunk to 2.3 bug never left and still on my ovary but since its 2.3 cm shes not worried bout it especially because i have that cyst and a lot of follicles around that ovary i think its pocs on that ovary cuz my left one is fine it had follicles but no cyst. I hate being a woman for these reasons sad. Lol
  • Posted

Is there any way you can call you gyno and see if they could squeeze you in now? Tell them your situation and maybe they can move things around? My fingers are crossed for you!
    • Posted

I will call them as soon as they open and see. Maybe theyll have a cancellation and hopefully can get me in. I hope so!! Thank you!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.