Need advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm a 38 year old female,who was diagnosed with chiari malformation type 1 about 12 years ago. When I get my severe headaches the only thing that somewhat helps me is regular excedrin. Can anyone suggest any other forms of relief, not necessarily looking for meds. Anything is helpful. Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry you have been suffering so long with this. I don’t have any real suggestions other than meds like tylonal, over the counter head ache tension headache meds with caffeine, ibprophin. 

Can I ask why you chose not to have surgery?

• Posted

I'm kind of scared, would rather not since I hear it's not 100% curable.

• Posted

Michelle, my doctor suggested Botox treatment. I’m excited to try it because I get to look younger and hopefully it will decrease the intensity of the headaches.
    • Posted

Thanks for responding Dionne! I hope the botox works for you. Let me know..just went to a new neurologist yesterday and they are sending me for a new MRI of the brain,eeg,emg,bw and xray of my neck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.