Need advice please

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi densie

i hope your ok? recently i was put into the support group on esa which i am so happy with and thought yes i can relax and breath, but yday i got letter in post saying that

in my area they are live on the universal credit procedure . what does this mean for

me , i am scared and

panicking as have heard and seen what it has done to others . have u any advice please

kind regards

caroline x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Not bad thanks.

It doesn't mean your area is live, it means it's now a full UC area, which is different to live.

My advice is get the letter, rip it up and put it in the bin. Unless you have a change of circumstances that will prompt a move to UC then it doesn't apply to you.

Those claiming legacy benefits will not have to move across until late 2019 at least, most likely much later than that for a lot of people.

Those that are claiming SDP on top of their ESA/JSA or Income Support will be the last people to move across.

My advice, don't worry until you have something to worry about. DWP just love to send letters to scare people. Take care.

• Posted

what do u mean legacy ? yes i get SDP ON top of my esa .. the letter i got was from council saying my area is now live ( all confusing) i have no change in circumstances.. im just worried incase my dwp stops then have to wait weeks before UC .. or would i be automatic transision ( is that what they call it lol )

sorry for being a pain

caroline

• Posted

Legacy benefits is the old benefits ...ESA/JSA/IS/Housing benefit etc.

You wouldn't automatically transfer, you'll have to apply but like i said that's quite some time in the future and you don't need to worry at all right now.

• Posted

so dwp will contact me , sorry im just worried that after all this time finally got on support group esa things will change and have to start alll over again

caroline

• Posted

They will yes but it could be 2 years or more until this happens, unless a change of circumstances prompts a move.

I'm sorry but i can't give you anymore information because there's no more information to give. The full details of managed migration haven't been released yet so there's nothing to tell you. Like i said don't worry until you have something to worry about. I also claim ESA but i'm not worried at all.

• Posted

lol im a worrier , but thank u again for putting my mind at ease . they just put the fear of god in us lol

thanks again

caroline

• Posted

hi hun

hope your ok ?

thanks for all advice an help.. means alot..

a friend of mine went to a uc meeting at school i cldnt go as kid was sick..she is on income support with young kids and they told her uc in our LU3 area wil b inforce by 2019 . she said with me on esa support group id b the same , i cant confirm this as wasnt at meeting at school .. but now im panicking as i have motabilty car aswell and they say on uc u never get same money each month . so so sorry for being a pain xxx

• Posted

Caroline,

I've already told you that managed migration doesn't start until late 2019 but most likely much later than that for a lot of people. An area becoming full UC area does not mean you'll have to move to UC and the advice i gave you the other day is still exactly the same.

Even when people do eventually move across with managed migration PIP isn't part of UC, never has been and never will be.

You really do need to relax and stop worrying.

• Posted

The area that i live has been a full UC area since May 2018 and i still claim ESA.... that's because managed migration hasn't started yet and like i already advised those claiming SDP will be the last to move across. Managed migration is between 2019-2023..... if DWP are anything to go by then backlogs will mean that it could even be years after 2023.

• Posted

hi denise

thanks for getting back to

me i was relaxed after last chat then when friend came from meeting saying all what i told u i was back into panic mode .. suffering with fibro fog too head all mushed up . i do apologise for being a pain

kind regards

caroline x

• Posted

No worries. The problem with UC is very few people understand it and some have no idea what they're talking about and your friend is definitely one of them, sorry.

• Posted

please dont apologise , its me that dont

understand it all and when someone tells me stuff im a bit gullable ..

even when u say managed migration im like woow lol . wish i up with it like u lol

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.