Need Advice please can someone help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am getting what can only be described as temporal lobe epilepsy when i read forums it has people who say they get identical symptoms to mine. like the deja vu, dream flashbacks and fear out of nowhere so unless anxiety can cause identical symptoms then it must be seizures. the neurologist must be wrong and i have been mis diagnosed.

The worst part is the cloudy vision and fear with weird anxious feelings through my body.

what could this be? could it be epilepsy even though neuro ruled this out years ago?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

if it was ruled out then u dont have epilepsy. and YES, anxiety can cause all your symptoms! I have had those same symptoms on and off since I was in my twenties. im now in my fifties and never had epilepsy. tests all ok. ALL from ANXIETY AND STRESS.

when I learned how to calm down my brain, the symptoms greatly diminished or went away.

Because you are really stressing over this, your symptoms continue cuz you are telling your brain something is wrong, so it reacts with symptoms and sends out adrenaline.

Cloudy vision is common with anxiety too. i had that a lot.

Epilepsy doesnt always mean seizures. there are people that go their whole lives with it so mild that nothing ever happens.

So u need to calm down. Anxiety has so many symptoms and the brain is so complex.

listen to your doctor and to meditations for anxiety on you tube. you are overthinking this. and FEAR can run your life leaving u miserable.

take care

• Posted

I agree with Jan34534. Anxiety can cause ALL of these symptoms and more. Relaxation is very helpful. Are you taking medicine for anxiety? Your doctor may be able to suggest something that will help you to calm down. My anxiety started as a small child, and I have battled it all my life. There is a video on youtube where a man suggests "tapping" along the pressure points of your body, which eases/stops anxiety in the moment. You might search under "panic attacks and tapping." God bless you and good luck.

• Posted

So I've literally just seen an advertisement on Facebook, saying there's this watch that can detect seizures. It's called an Embrace watch.

I immediately thought of you. Now even though every shred of evidence you have mentioned to date points to it being anxiety, as you are still compelled by your thoughts, maybe you could look into this watch? I have no idea how much this is, but it apparently works and records generalized tonic-clonic seizures. So i was thinking, maybe you purchase this watch? And either it will give you some evidence of seizures so you can go back to the dr and get treatment OR you will see that it records no seizures, and it will act as your security and safety blanket to assure you that you do not have epilepsy.

Just a thought x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.