Need advice please day 8 and feel awful

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

I am on day 8 of increasing. My dose to 20mg have had terrible nausea all evening and headache and eventually vomited quite a bit, I'm due another dose of 20mg pretty much now, my stomach was killing me all evening, just do not know what to do, please help.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I also take 20mg in the evenings and get sickness in mornings my only advice is keep with it and all will get better in time
  • Posted

Hi Jenny I have always been told, if you have problems with pills, was to stop them immediately, and go back to your doctors, and let him decide.

• Posted

Never ever stop these meds abruptly.  You will be very ill, worse than you feel now.  I would have said ease onto this dose gradually, but since you're now taking 20mg you should just keep on with it.  I felt nauseaus too, but it does wear off.  You could try drinking ginger ale as this helped me with sickness once.  If you're really feeling bad then go see your doctor.

This medicine really does work, but it's a tough road to get there.  Keep on persevering - it's so worth it.

K x

• Posted

a very tough road, infact its too much for me, so back in the dr's tomorrow morning for another change of tablets! its just getting too much, if i was a horse i would have been shot by now!
    • Posted

Hi Chris

Sounds like you having a really tough time. Do you mind me asking how long have you been suffering with this.

Wishing you well

L

• Posted

Hi Chris

All SSRI's give you similar side effects, so to keep swapping just prolongs this unpleasant time.  Could you not ease onto Cit gradually by 5mg or 10mg a time to lessen the side effects?

Side effects only last around 2 - 4 weeks (sometimes longer), and it really is worth it when you get through it.

For me, the side effects (even though horrible) were better than the actual depression/anxiety.  

K x

• Posted

Hi Chris, i really feel for you, i feel the same way, this is just awful.
  • Posted

Ive been suffering side effects similar to yours I found that taking Bachs rescue remedy helps a bit and makes it more manageable. Hopefully we will get therr
  • Posted

Hi everyone,

It has been a while now since I have been on here so I thought I would update how I have been feeling, I am I think around 5 weeks in since the dose increase and the 2nd week and 3rd week were pretty bad in terms of nausea and feeling not good, I have to say I have got my energy back and I am more motivated.

Around two weeks on the 20mg, I slowly increased I started to feel better so yes of course I say to myself oh I feel ok let me have a few beers so I have had quite a few beers on 3 occassions now and I have to be honest it is not agreeing with me at all, my head feels very funny when I drink and it actually do not feel good at all, the hangovers and the anxiety is way worse and the nights I have drank I have only took 10mg, I know I am in total denial because I know this is totally not good for me but sometimes u just need a drink.

I have learned though since this weekend it just really is slowing my progress, I still feel anxiety now and then and it seems more intense when I do feel it, I felt like the tabs were beginning to work and then I started drinking again so I am kind of set back now, I am not planning in drinking anytime soon so I guess it will take my body a while now again to readjust and maybe I have just totally screwed up my head at this point with it all!

It is a long road and I am my own biggest stumbling block at times but hopefully I will get there, I hope you are all doing better and happy and well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.