Need advice please. Very scared!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with CS some weeks ago now but i now know i have had it for many years. I also suffer the horendous pain of Fibromyalgia as well which affects my shoulders and neck the worst. To be quite honest i don't know which pain is which now i am so confused. Fibro pain is all over neuropathic pain in the muscles/tendons/joints etc and severe stiffness all over and other chronic health problems as well.

What's worrying me now is i am getting this awful whooshing noise in my head and ears from my neck almost like a humming noise. I am also in alot of pain accross my shoulder, neck and up into my face/head/eyes/lips etc and feel quite off balance as well. I feel like someone had smashed me on the back of the head with something.

I have read about pressure on the vertebral artery which could be causing these sympons and am now very concerned.

My father has vertebral artery insufficiency and daily TIA'S!!!!!!!

My Gp did tell me that CS can be very similar to the symptons my father has but did'nt take alot of notice at the time.

However yesterday i was bending over alot of the time with my neck and wonder if i have done something else now to my neck.

I am due for an MRI scan but havent heard anything yet. My problems are C6/C7.

Any advice most appreciated and in a right state here and very worried and fed up.

Thanks for reading.

Julie.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

oh julie i am so sorry to hear your problems. with just general cs the pain is bad enough but when you add a neurological problem as well it must be horrendous. i have several health issues as well as cs but i couldnt tell you which was worse at the moment i am having trouble telling two of them apart. who do you turn to in these circumstances do you have an understanding gp?. i sometimes think if it wasnt for this site i would seriously question my sanity lol.kepp your chin up and keep us informed.
  • Posted

Hello Chris and thankyou so much for the support.

I have lived with pain now for almost 30 years and have become used to it but at times like today its got to me and been in tears alot.

I have tried all the anti-epilepsy drugs for my Fibro but react badly with them so am stuck with what to take.

My Gp is ok but i don't go as much as i used to. I now try to manage my illnesses as best i can and try to remain postive most days.

I also have ME/CFS as well which dosn't help matter's either.

Will just have to rest i suppose until it eases.

Just in the dark atm as don't know much at all about CS.

Sorry you are suffering too Chris.

Julie.

• Posted

[quote:f6bbfc1b8c=\"Jules.\"]I was diagnosed with CS some weeks ago now but i now know i have had it for many years. I also suffer the horendous pain of Fibromyalgia as well which affects my shoulders and neck the worst. To be quite honest i don't know which pain is which now i am so confused. Fibro pain is all over neuropathic pain in the muscles/tendons/joints etc and severe stiffness all over and other chronic health problems as well.

What's worrying me now is i am getting this awful whooshing noise in my head and ears from my neck almost like a humming noise. I am also in alot of pain accross my shoulder, neck and up into my face/head/eyes/lips etc and feel quite off balance as well. I feel like someone had smashed me on the back of the head with something.

I have read about pressure on the vertebral artery which could be causing these sympons and am now very concerned.

My father has vertebral artery insufficiency and daily TIA'S!!!!!!!

My Gp did tell me that CS can be very similar to the symptons my father has but did'nt take alot of notice at the time.

However yesterday i was bending over alot of the time with my neck and wonder if i have done something else now to my neck.

I am due for an MRI scan but havent heard anything yet. My problems are C6/C7.

Any advice most appreciated and in a right state here and very worried and fed up.

Thanks for reading.

Julie.[/quote:f6bbfc1b8c]

Hiya Jules, smile

I've copied and pasted this

The neck pain and stiffness can be intermittent, as can symptoms of radiculopathy. Radiculopathy refers to compression on the base, or root, of nerves that lead away from the spinal cord. Normally, these nerves fit comfortably through spaces between the vertebrae. These spaces are called intervertebral foramina. As the osteophytes form, they can impinge on this area and gradually make the fit between the vertebrae too snug.

The poor fit increases the chances that a minor incident, such as overdoing normal activities, may place excess pressure on the nerve root, sometimes referred to as a pinched nerve. Pressure may also accumulate as a direct consequence of osteophyte formation. The pressure on the nerve root causes severe shooting pain in the neck, arms, shoulder, and/or upper back, depending on which nerve roots of the cervical spine are affected. The pain is often aggravated by movement, but in most cases, symptoms resolve within 4-6 weeks.

CS can cause all the symptoms you have mentioned, I know I've had them, they can be very frigtening. I just go with the flow now

and take my time doing things. If I drop anything, unless it's essential I pick it up, it stays on the floor until hubby comes in :D or I use a long handled brush and get to grips with it that ways, it's amazing what you can do to avoid bending down. :D

Take it easy, if you can and take rests when it all gets too much.

Emxx smile

• Posted

Sorry for not getting back to you but been very poorly myself and also very ill parents as well.

Em a huge thankyou for explaining CS to me above. I have printed it off if you don't mind as it explains things so well.

I am also having my MRI scan later today so will let you know the outcome of that when i get my results.

Take care everyone.

Julie.

• Posted

[quote:7c6afb0065=\"Jules.\"]Sorry for not getting back to you but been very poorly myself and also very ill parents as well.

Em a huge thankyou for explaining CS to me above. I have printed it off if you don't mind as it explains things so well.

I am also having my MRI scan later today so will let you know the outcome of that when i get my results.

Take care everyone.

Julie.[/quote:7c6afb0065]

Hiya Jules smile

Hope the MRI scan went well??

The article I posted can be found from the 'related articals' at the top right hand side of the page, there are some excellent links from this site at the bottom of the page, and are all bona fide.

Please let us know how you got on Jules.

Take Care

Emxx smile

• Posted

Had my MRI scan last Monday and will let you know the results when i get them.

Julie.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.