Need advice re: Cushing's

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I am 28 years old and haven't been diagnosed with Cushing's yet, but I show majority of the symptoms. My doctor has been running test. Multiple blood and 24hr urine test. My cortisol levels have come back high everytime, but since it's not what my endocrinologist considers "extremely high" he is not concerned with it. I insisted he run the suppression test even though he doesn't feel it's nessecsry, but I must first be off my birth control for 6 weeks. I stopped the pill Sunday. Should I be concerned that my cortisol levels are out of range? If you need me to post my results, I can do that. Thank you in advance for any advice and help.

Some of my symptoms:

Constant fatigue

Stretch marks on stomach and thighs

Rapid weight gain that I can't lose

Hump on back

High blood pressure

High heart rate

Anxious for no reason

Mood swings

The list goes on...

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi again,  So glad that you feel supported by our Forum.  I have looked at your test results and I think as you are in the States and as Pam has different ideas that our Cortisol levels are measured differently in England.  My latest Cortisol reading in a blood test was 601nmol/L.  The eating and weight problem is the same worldwide.  No diet will help all you eat goes straight to fat.  My endo told me to eat what I liked until I had the op.  I also think that maybe in America you have a different op.  Pam keeps saying how simple it was and that she felt fine after.  In US I believe they operate through the mouth, here it is through the nose.  Whatever I am sure that you will be feeling better once the op has been done.  Ask for a 2nd Opinion from another Endo, this one is clearly ignorant in both Cushings and bedside manner.  Anytime we are here.
  • Posted

Vicky61456, thank you for the advice. I have spoke with Pam and she found me a new endo. I am currently in the process of trying to get a referral for an appointment with him. Hopefully he will be able to diagnose me and get me feeling better. Thats all I want, just to feel better.. Thank you for all the help. I will post an update when I have one. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.