Need advice regarding bacterial vaginosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with the gardenella strain of bacterial vaginosis in early June.  I tried Metrogel internally and when it did not work, I took Flagyl for 7 days.  I still had burning and discharge (no odor) so my Dr. took a vulva biopsy.  It just showed hypersensitivity.  I had burning and soreness on the vulva.  I now have intense vaginosis burning.  I have been on dozens of antibiotics since 9/15 due to 15 UTI’s.  My Dr. said it was due to vaginal atrophy .  I had 2 laser treatments done in Jan. and March of this year.  The symptoms of BV started soon after.  The laser dr. said it was yeast but it wasn’t.  I took doses of anti-fungal meds which I did not need.  I have tried a baking soda wash which doesn’t help too much.  

Can anyone give me advice on what I can use or take to stop this horrible burning.  Many thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear your struggle. You have probably heard it a million times but I would definitely take a probiotic. They make a women's vaginal health one and I'd also take one for gut health. I'd do half a lemon in warm water first thing in the morning (30 min before eating anything.) I would drink alkaline water at room temp at least a glass a day. Try to do yoga or something that relaxes you. I had bv with burning and wearing cotton shorts or something loose helps greatly. Wipe front to back everytime and baking soda bath with a few drops of tea tree eo helped me. If I notice something coming on I also use vh essentials from Amazon. I wouldn't douche ever or do any scented soaps. I get an olive oil soap from natural grocers. I have had bv 3 times in my life and I haven't had symptoms in months! I think trying to make the body less acidic is the most important along with probiotics! I also take a daily womens vitamin. This may seem like a lot but really it's not bad at all! Everything I listed has helped me and I hope it can help you and others as well!

• Posted

Hi Brooke,

Thank you for your advice.  I have a question: Did you have a white odorless discharge?  I have it and when it comes out in the urine it bubbles!!  I hope this new GYN can help me.  Thanks.

• Posted

Hi Maryann,

I have had bv both with and without odor. I have noticed bubbles in my urine as well when I get it. I hope you try what I suggested. Please let me know if it helps you! If you don't always have lemons in the morning you could do a teaspoon or two of organic apple cider vinegar with the mother in the morning. It took me a week or two to get better but I'd rather it take longer and not use antibiotics.

• Posted

Hi Brooke,

Thanks for your reply.  I saw my primary Dr.  last week and had a urine culture done.  It came back positive.  My doctor knows my history but she still recommended an antibiotic since I was hospitalized with Sepsis last July.  I did not take an antibiotic and the infection got worse leading to sepsis.  I believe I still have the bacterial vaginosis due to discharge and bubbly urine. I never had those symptoms with my countless UTI’s.  I see a new GYN next Tuesday.  I hope she can help me.  Thanks and I will keep you posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.