need advice, scared I have brain tumor or severe side effects from zoloft

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had this constant fear for two or three weeks that I have a brain tumor. I had a CBC and it came back fine... 

I have these symptoms everyday and only go away when I completely take my mind off of them, which has only happened 2 or 3 times. I upped my dose of Zoloft from 25mg to 50mg yesterday, and I don’t know if it could be causing this problem: I didn’t sleep at all last night because I was scared. Whenever I tried to sleep, I would hear voices. And I could’ve swore I was hearing other noises too. Today I woke up feeling horrible. Fatigued, can’t concentrate at all, vision is bad. I have symptoms everyday, and I really need reassurance. Here are my daily symptoms:

-fatigue

-can’t concentrate 

-dp/dr

-feeling out of it

-constant worrying

-constantly googling symptoms

is this anything I should be worried about? I am terrified, and I want to go to the doctor and see if it’s my medicine but my mom won’t take me to the doctor. Please help. Also, I have MDD and anxiety

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I also have pressure in my eye every once and a while, and I started noticing my ears are ringing after I upped my dose
  • Posted

All of these symptoms could be related to your underlying mental health or a side-effect of Zoloft. To give you reassurance it’s unlikely to be a brain tumour but perhaps a trip to your doctor would best and give you a full assessment and the support you need. A blood count will only show some things

I hope you feel better really soon

Best wishes

Brian

• Posted

It is probably a side effect of your zoloft

If I were your doctor I would tell you

To stop taking your zoloft

And start taking melatonin

But I am not your doctor

But it is not a brain tumor

If you have crushing headaches then

You can worry about a brain tumor

• Posted

Hi Shelby. Zoloft is used to treat anxiety. It seems that it is not working for you. However, if you have just begun taking them, maybe it will take a week or two before it starts to take effect. I wouldn't worry about a brain tumor. Your symptoms are from anxiety. Your doctor was right I believe. Hope you begin to feel better soon.

harrishill

• Posted

Brain MRI with contrast will show clearly if there is something wrong but I doubt it for you , and it will cost you probably more that $500 .

I think you have issues with Zoloft and your emotions

• Posted

HI,  very possible it could be you are reacting to the meds or other and having anxiety will make worse.  I have a brain tumor on the most dangerous part of the brain affecting all the cranial nerves (had operation/radiation) and somehow I was still existing before op, so your symptoms aren't what I had experienced even though I'm not a neurosurgeon I had experienced many symptoms where the nerves control , the command center of the brain. If you are still concern a brain tumor an MRI with contrast would definitely show if there was a tumor.  I now am allergic to Pennicllin and had some scary  symptoms that are not the typical symptoms one would experience, so I knew from my Mri  that it was the Penicillin.   Hope you soon find out what is causing you to start feeling better again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.