NEED ANSWERS

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can someone explain my lab results for me, i was first diagnosed in 1999, had a liver biopsy that same year, the doctor said there was no liver damage, and my blood work showed reversal of surface ag, so i never went back until 2012, he did blood work to make sure my situation didnt change, my results were, Hbsag +, Hbeag -, ultrasound normal, Alpha feto protein normal, my results are the same the last four years, my latest results are Hbsag +, Hbv Dna is undetectable, Alpha feto protein is normal, and Ultrasound is normal, i just want to know what you guys think, thanks guys

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello, i have so many questions regarding my test results cause I don't understand what all of these things mean, as my doctor stated only a doctor would know. But for your questions you stated there is no liver damage, with my test results I too didn't have any liver damage, or scarring, I did get my results from 2014 and this year 2016 and mine have changed so not sure what's happening. I find going on line educating myself it's a great help to understand what's these numbers mean. I hope I was able to assist. I just got all my test results and I too am trying to understand what all these numbers mean. Take care, and be well
  • Posted

I can't tell you anything about lab results. My doctor called me and told me my results are great. I am currently taking Harvoni for Hep C. I'm one week from 8 weeks which was my first prognosis. After final bloodwork he put me on 12 weeks. So I have another 5 weeks to go. My blood was negative for Hep C after 2 weeks. I had to get new toothbrush and razors so as not to reinfect myself. I have gone through this treatment with a lot of success. My labs were good to begin with, little liver damage and scarring. On a scale of 1-6 I was between 0-1 eight years ago. Right before I began treatment I was between 1-2 closer to 1. I am completing the treatment for the 12 weeks so that it will clear from my liver. I am very blessed on this medication. I read some people have bad headaches etc. My only complaint is I am bi-polar and it made me hyping manic! I made a life changing decision by telling my daughter a secret I had kept for 32 years. As a result we are both in emotional pain. I will tell my doctor and anyone. Do not make important decisions while taking this medication. A few other side effects have been trouble focasing, very talkative very hyper to begin with. Kind of an emotional roller coaster. But a small price to pay for a cure to a virus I have had for about 40 years due to I'VE drug use years ago. I was just baptized a few weeks ago! Goodbye constant reminder of very bad decisions when I was in my teens! I pray this testimony helps you guys! Good luck and I'll be praying for all of you!
    • Posted

Thank you so much for sharing, as I know it wasn't easy. I do have a question were you only on one medicine? Cause I'll be starting treatment in another week and I will be on two medicines.
    • Posted

I am on Harvoni. One pill per day! Hoping you have a complete recovery! My doctor was skeptical that my insurance would approve the Harvoni as it is $180,000 treatment. I only pay $5 with the Harvoni co-pay coupon. It could be that your insurance will not cover this drug treatment plan. As I am bi-polar my doctor said I would go crazy on interferon which accompanies another medicine for treatment. I think it takes longer too. I'm praying for you to tolerate the meds and recover completely Angelina!
    • Posted

I have to take 4 pills a day on the Viapak and I have to take the Ribarvin 2 tablets a day
  • Posted

Hi anakondaa.  The results you give suggest you are positive for the Hepatitis B virus.  The posters who have replied below are discussing the Hepatitis C virus.

The first result you give HBsAg is the hepatitis B surface antigen.  This tests for the presence of virus. A "positive" or "reactive" HBsAg test result means that the person is infected with the hepatitis B virus.  As you were first diagnosed in 1999 all this tells you is that you have a chronic" infection. Infected people can pass the virus on to others through their blood and infected bodily fluids.

The next is HBeAg which is an indicator of how the virus is replicating or reproducing.  A negative results might suggest that you dont have a virus which is active at the moment and that would be backed up by the DNA test which is coming back undetectable.

I presume the AFP test is done regularly as you have had this infection long enough for Liver Cancer to be a risk, so its good that you are having ultrasounds and AFP blood tests to monitor for this.  It would be a good idea to have these checks done regularly, perhaps annually would be worth discussing with your doctor.

I assume because you are undetectable and have no liver damage the doctors have not prescribed any anti viral medicatin.  I trust you are keeping well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.