Need answers

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I been having this strange feeling/taste when my tongue will rub the side of my tooth. (Upper right very back, no it's not my wisdom tooth) I been to two different dentist and they said they couldn't see anything wrong with it. It has been constantly tasting and feeling weird and it's driving me crazy. Recently it all of a sudden started getting sensitive. Whenever I would floss back there it would bleed a little bit. A couple months ago ive had deep cleaning and a regular cleaning done. I don't know what to do. Also, I been using sysnodyne since last night and didn't know when that will usually kick into effect

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello tiffany21

You don't say if you have had a mouth X Ray done.

But i think you need to get one done if your dentist hasn't done this.

Mine did an X Ray and could see everything on the computer screen.

If your dentist hasn't done this I wouldn't stay with this dentist.

But usually if there is a strange taste it usually means something is not right.

Have you also tried smelling your own breath? In your hands how does it smell to you if it's not pleasant I would suggest you go back to your dentist and demand for them to do an X Ray or it could be something else to do with your mouth.

But in my experience it usually means some kind of treatment is needed.

I have deep cleans myself Infact I had one today.

So I know about that. It stops gum disease Aswell. Which I have been treated for.

Never had it before but it seems as we get older our teeth and gums change a lot.

But you must get an X Ray done if they refuse then change your dentist.

How long have you been with this one Aswell.

Anyway all the best liz😀

• Posted

I went to one dentist and thought it was my filling and they said there was nothing wrong with it. So I went to go to another dentist to get a second opinion and they look at x rays and couldn't find anything wrong

• Posted

Hi Tiffany again

Hmm it could be something to do with your nerves and the bone in your gum then.

I don't know maybe ask them to refer you to maxil facial dentistry see what happens or even go to your doctor that would be good. See what they think.

Liz😀

• Posted

Well I went back to the dentist today and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with my teeth but is sending me to a periodontist on October 27th cuz that might be the issue. If I had a gum infection would I still have a bitter taste/breath in the general area of my mouth? Like when I drink or eat I can taste it more. Idk I guess I'm freaking myself out lol

• Posted

I think elizabeth142 may be on the right track.  The roots of your upper molars come very close to your sinus cavities.  Dental work there (or even frequent expansion of adjacent tissues by oversized injections of anaesthetic) could have led to a slight, but sufficient,  displacement of adjacent nerves.  When blowing your nose,  do you experience a feeling of something (perhaps metallic-like) travelling across the top of that tooth?) .   Of course this doesn't address the taste issue, unless you've got an open sore below the gum line (entirely possible if you needed a deep cleaning),  and you are tasting "tainted" blood.

If it's a gum issue,  Sensodyne will have no effect.

• Posted

I don't have any sinus pain or anything like that, I had gotten a cough after my bitter taste. Cough is gone but bitter taste is still here. I don't see any holes where my gum could be bleeding only bleeds when I floss in that area. I have a wisdom tooth cutting through on my left bottom side but it doesn't bother me right now, so I didn't know if that could cause my bitter taste on my right side. Bitter taste gets stronger when I eat or drink something and my mom looked back there and she said my gum around that area looks a little swollen. I just get all worried if it's something serious lol

• Posted

Also, it's more of a consistent weird like feeling in my upper right side when I talk like I feel something there. Then in general I have a bitter taste that is there constantly.

• Posted

Hi Tiffany it sounds like there could be underlying infection in the gum if you have Wierd taste.

It's normally that reason if there is a nasty taste in your mouth or it's normally to do with the tonsils if they are flared up or digestive problems.

If it's not that it does sound that it could be something to do with your wisdom tooth.i had most of mine out because they were growing impacted in the gym. And they drove me mad! Hurts ache they were terrible headaches too.So I was very glad when they were removed. Or you could possibly have an abcess growing I don't know clearly there is something going on. And you say your gum is sore you need to get it checked.wisdom teeth take years to come through so they might be growing impacted in your gum. Get it checked because if there is soreness in your gum then it needs to be looked at ok.

Liz👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.