Need answers

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello a little history I am 45 yrs old and have had costochondritis on and off for 20 plus years 3 years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia as well which I am told go hand and hand ... I have gone to er several times over the years most recently July of this year bad flare up ... kept over night for symptoms had blood work done as well as ct for pe ecg all normal accept non spacific st wave did stress test echo test all normal according to the cardiologist which is a releif but here I am agin thinking thy have missed something yesterday severe back pain today sturnum pain I went to go she checked blood pressure good colesteral test good she will not refer me to cardiologist but says that it is all related to my costo and fybro and anxiety because I also suffer from this I want to cry as I am in pain daily and has ruined my quality of life . Any suggestions would be great also how do we stop making our selves crazy thinking it is something else 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Teri

I know exactly how you feel and what your going thru.  I too have Costro and Fibro Myalgia. I have had many many tests. Onr test I had and maybe yu shud just to rule out anything bad and give you peace of mind is a full bodyCT scan with contrast. I had stress test, ekgs manyyy, bloodwork and have been to immunologists, pain management, cardiologists, etc. Soft ice packs, tylenol or  motrin if you can take it definitelu help. Arnica gel, lidocaine patches help too. Just know you are not in this alone and what we have may be painful at times, but its not life threatening!!! Thank God!!!.. I have an amazing PCP(Regular Dr) that cares and l;istens. And leaves no stone unturned. She sees me twice a week. we talk and she makes me feel secure that this condition may not be easy, but could be something soooo much worse. Also PT helps this condition. Good Luck. PS You wont go crazy I promise. We are all in this together!!!!!  God Bless  smile

• Posted

Hi there 

Where do you live here in Toronto my gp will not send me for s full body scan she is good and has been patient and I have had many cardiac tests all results normal thankfully but I still think they missing something that can be my anxiety right now I have had blood tests cardiac tests X-ray rumstologist cardiologist all seen me and confirm that it is costo and fybro I am now being referred to a pain clinic but my frustration comes from my anxiety I think because of the pain and location I always think the worst 

• Posted

I live in the US. and my dr wanted to rule out any serious stuff. My blood counts were all pretty good except I was anemic and had High inflammation markers. I was very grateful she sent me for it. I too suffer with anxiety.  and the fear of the unknown makes it worse. getting negative results from tests is a very good thing. Maybe your Dr has a reason to not send you for CT scan. Im not sure.
    • Posted

Here in Canada we only get sent for ct scan when it is warranted so I had the following tests done : ecg echo of heart stress test blood work ct of chest and lower back ultrasound of arms and legs 24 hour. Blood pressure monitoring all came back normal accept also high inflammation markers but we don’t get full body ct scans here usually it is only if they suspect something I wish they did that here it would make things easier for sure ..I am grateful it is not anything cardiac related or anything else but . right now I have the heat in my back and a hit water bottle in lower abdominal as well as chest just hope to find some relief because the anxiety 
  • Posted

I also forgot to mention one important thing...I had lost over 50 pounds in a short period of time. That and all the pain I was in warranted the full body CT scan. I take meds for anxiety that help me alot! Maybe you can ask your dr to prescribe somthing for anxiety. I also have a counselor I speak to once a week..helps me alot. You can go online to look for breathing techniques to relax. And chamomile tea relaxes me alot. It will get better. Keep focusing on all the positive results youre getting!!!!!
    • Posted

That is awesome that u lost all that weight good for you ...I do have anxiety pills but only to take them as needed also I am looking into therapy ... right now I am sitting here with a gut water bottle on my left arm and heat on my back and not wanting to worry thinking it is cardiac related when I know it is not since I had the tests done ... hopefully it all settles 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.