Need answers

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have not been diagnosed with LS, have am appointment today. About a month ago i started having very bad vaginal itching more so vulva itching. Night time seems to be the worse. I tried using OTC cream for the itching with no relief. So the other day i decided to take a peak and noticed that the skin is turning white. Could this be LS?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes sounds like LS go and see your doctor hopefully he will be knowledgeable and you will get the correct treatment good luck, hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Sounds like LS. If your doctor is not familiar with this ask to be referred to a dermatologist.

In the meantime keep it moist with Vaseline or coconut oil.

This should relieve some of the pain.

• Posted

sounds just like my experience. Good news is it sounds like you've caught it before it got out of control. i think some of the worst cases are those who were far along before treatment.

1. read a bunch of these info strings...especially those about diet and home remedies. THEY ARE EXCELLENT.
    2. are you going to GP, GYN, or DERM? all can be good...just depends on their experience. Dont be afraid to find someone willing to work with you.
    3. MY DERM is open to it when i send her links to research. so many studies are so small, we're all just finding our way...together!
  • Posted

So was officially Dx with LS. was given Clobetasol Propionate Cream. Was told to give the cream a try for 3weeks if no improvement have to go see my GYN.

• Posted

Just be aware it can take longer for the Clob to get it under control for me it was 8 weeks xx

• Posted

Having Epson salt baths three times a day during a flare up also helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.