Need answers

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with ebv 5 years ago. For 8 months I was pretty much bed and house bound. i then started feeling better and could function. Throughout the last five years I've had good weeks and bad weeks but learned to live with it. Till about 6months ago I gradually started feeling worse. A month ago i decided to see a new Dr and she did a ton of labs. 5 yrs later my ebv test came back a 750. My testosterone was also low a d my b12 so she suggested trt and b12 shots. I've had two rounds and feel worse than before. has anyone had anything like this? FYI I'm a 35 yr old male

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi! im sorry that your going through it . i got mono in feb and i felt so bad through the months i started to feel better . but now im starting to feel bad again im going to get re tested for ebv to see if anything changed my biggest symptoms was shortness of breath and fatigue it did get better but now im feeling the same way i sometimes dont know if its allergies or mono . it seems like my symptoms always change . i cant take the heat i feel like my body will blow up, and i started feeling a burning senesation in my throat dont know if its that or allergies, my advice to u is keep checking in with the doctor and take it easy bc thats what ive been doing. its scary how this illness can keep changing stuff .

• Posted

did you have covid? with my mono my worst relapses have been after covid

• Posted

Hi Aaron,

Same thing happened to me after I had covid, reactivated my mono from 2016. Starting to come out of it

after months of feeling just like I did when I first had mono.

• Posted

is there anything you've found to help? it's making it impossible to work and I have a family to support.

• Posted

I have had this, reactivated mono after covid. I think time is the only healer,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.