Need bit of hope

Posted , 5 users are following.

Need some success stories feeling like I'm never going to get out this negative cycle. Had awful withdrawal symptoms from stopping zopiclone for last year, mainly OCD type symptoms and awful thoughts. Have had to mess around with meds probably doesnt help, was on citalopram for couple months then swapped to sertraline for couple months because hair problems. Now back on citalopram as sertraline made me feel awful. Only second week but can't plan anything anymore, and feel guilty it's affecting my lovely husband as well. Last year was awful just actually remember what normal life was like anymore.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I just want you to know you're not alone x I feel the same way you do x theres only one way and that's up x I understand the guilt about your husband I feel like that with my partner bless her x but he loves you and wants you to get better as much as you do. I tell my partner every day how much she means to me and thank her for sticking through this with me x it helps x

we need to keep pushing on and keep fighting this horrible illness x keep going Lemanna it's still really early days back on citalopram x one day at a time x x

• Posted

Thanks for that sorry you are still suffering as well. My husband been amazing but feel bad it's impacting on him so much. Just after year of feeling worse and worse almost give up hope. The citalopram not making me feel as bad as sertraline which is something. Feel like all I do is keep moaning turning into someone I don't recognise. Thanks for the kind words.

• Posted

hi leah what dose are you on? when did you start to notice a difference this time? i am also on it for the second time but dont feel its worked as well this time. i am 3 months in and just gone up to 30

• Posted

hi im on citalopram for the second time now and ive lost track of how long ive beeen on it but i think i must be on month. 4. i struggle with terrible anxiety which stops me from leaving the house or even look after my own kids. i must say that i am soo happy that these drugs exist. citalopram makes me feel normal and i dony worry about little things anymore. i was also on it a couple of years ago but i came off it after 6 months because i felt better. well that was a mistake and i wont be going off of it this time. these medicationa really do help. stick with it. i did not think that they would work for me but it does !

• Posted

Thanks I'm struggling to leave house at moment. Think my intrusive thoughts caused by anxiety as keep doing what you are meant to do with CBT for months hasn't helped at all. Seems that 3 months seems to be when lot people improve. Good it's helped you anyway.

• Posted

hi lemanna sorry to hear you are feeling really down - i know what thats like! on the plus side you are feeling better on the cit than the sertraline. also it is really early days still -hopefully you will start to notice a didference in the next few weeks. we are all in this together and here to support each other xx

• Posted

i'm on 10mg want to try and stay on low dose as think I'm quite sensitive to meds as still in zopiclone withdrawal and possibly sertraline as well now. Just difficult to see any end to it haven't been able to go away for last year. Got book Katycogs recommended but finding hard to put into practice. Sorry you are suffering a blip.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.