Need BV diet help...!! 18yo literally screaming

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi fellow sufferers. Our lives suck. 

I've tried so many home remedies. Vitamin C, D3, boric acid, ACV, hydrogen peroxide, garlic, oregano oil, cats claw, black walnut, fenugreek, folic acid, multivitamins, bentonite clay, D-mannose, cranberry, probiotics up there, tea tree oil, coconut oil, colloidal silver, I've been taking goldenseal for like a week now(has that helped anybody?) but my BV never goes away. 

I even tried a 3 and a half day water fast (SO HARD!!!!!) and some green/yellow stuff came out but then I needed to eat again and I felt fairly better after, but it was still there. sad

For a week now I've done my best at cutting all carbs and sugar. (except carbs are in everything. like literally.) I ate all natural peanut butter a couple times tho (probs not ok) and had wheat bread twice bc I was literally going to die if I didn't. 

Ok anyway basically the only food I've been eating is grilled chicken, spinach, romaine lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers, broccoli, onions, bacon bits (yum), egg, guac, fish, almonds, and other more heavy carb veggies (even vegetables have carbs. like hELP) 

I also started drinking green tea today for the first time ever. Has that helped anyone? Also read about putting raw honey in it. Does that help? And is raw honey the same as 100% pure organic honey, bc that's all I got nearby. 

But like 4 days ago I started soaking a tampon in coconut oil, lavender oil, and tea tree oil, sticking it up my vag for a couple hours. Then at night I stick a 25bill probiotic up the cooch. 

I'd been feeling pretty good down there until today I got the horrible burning sensation for like an hour after taking the tampon out, which was just terrible. 

Anyway, does anyone have an effective diet plan (exact foods allowed, how long) in order to get rid of BV? I think I have a mild, but ever persisting case of it) 

Also, I read about following the Atkins stage 1 diet for BV (which I was kind of already doing) but the thing is that I'm 18 yo, skinny, and work out. It only allows 20g of carbs a day! I don't need to lose weight. Just this past week not really eating carbs has put a major toll on my body, and it's really awkward when I have to reject all the snacks my friends offer me, even popcorn, and they're starting to think I'm some sort of health nazi which I'm not. 

Anyway, does anyone have experience cutting Carbs/sugar and getting it to go away? I also read to cut saturated/trans fat or something, but lots of stuff that's low carbs/sugar has saturated and trans fat! 

Do you guys think I should take a trip to womens health? Maybe if I take antibiotics while taking probiotics and keep taking probiotics it will clear it up? I'm at my wit's end, and although I don't want to go to the doctor, I'm wondering if that is the only thing that will work. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm young and sad. HELP!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry you’re suffering! I will tell you what I’ve been telling everyone: Raw organic honey works for BV. (Yes, it does need to be raw, not just organic. Honey that is cooked— pasteurized— loses some of its healing properties.)  Insert a small amount on the tip of your finger, once in the morning and again at night before bed. Use a panty liner to catch the honey when it seeps back out. (Enough will remain inside to do its work.) Honey is very effective at restoring the natural balance of vaginal flora, has no side effects and is relatively easy to use. I discovered this remedy after 2 years of BV—and was symptom free within a day of starting the honey treatment. I want to add that there is a lot of natural advice (about honey, vinegar and other remedies) at a site called Whole Woman Village Forum. (My comment may get flagged if I include the link, so just Google it.)  As for diet, eliminating processed sugar, as well as cutting back on natural sugars, is very important.  Also, it is good to eat naturally fermented/probiotic foods like raw sauerkraut, kombucha, kefir, yogurt, apple cider vinegar, etc. As you repopulate your body’s good bacteria, the bad bacteria will not be able to compete. And  if you are not already doing so, start eating good fats: avocado oil, real butter, coconut oil, and olive oil. 
    • Posted

Thanks Frieda, I’m skeptical though. Even though it has healing properties wouldn’t the sugar inside of it just irritate the vagina further? How long did it take it to work, and are you having to continue use? I am pretty tired of spending so much money (hundreds) on things that I don’t know will work. 
    • Posted

The BV symptom that bothered me most was the bad odor, but I also had a fairly thick discharge. Both of  those symptoms stopped after one 24 hour period (two applications of honey, one at  nighttime and one in the morning). I thought it was too good to be true, so I continued inserting the honey for about one more week. Now, a month after that first application, I still have had no BV symptoms—Which is amazing to me, because I struggled with it for two years! Just to be on the safe side, though , I use the honey after intercourse. I can’t explain the logistics of why it works, considering that it is a form of sugar. All I know is that honey helps restore the natural vaginal balance. As I mentioned before, it’s a good idea to Google Whole Woman Village Forum.  The advisers there can explain the scientific reasons. Anyway, you don’t have much to lose by trying it. Best wishes.
  • Posted

Dear Harmony pls google Isla soap stick and order it. Tatiana on this forum gave a promising testimonial. I have ordered for mine and its on its way.
    • Posted

Harmony, have you been tested for trichomoniasis? If you haven't had unprotected sex no worries but if you have it might be worth checking for.

• Posted

Luckily I'm a virgin so I know I don't have that or STD or anything! i have been to the doctors before for it and it was bv both times even when I was sure it was a yeast infection so I think its just annoyingly remaining bv 

• Posted

Hi Harmony12519 I know its been a while since you posted this, but after all this time I'm sure you got rid of the bv. What did you do to rid it ? Im dealing with it now and I'm miserable. Also, what were your symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.