Need contributors for ME/CFS Fibro book

Posted , 12 users are following.

I'm writing a book by sufferers because we're the ones who know the most about it and I want us to speak up about it and explain it from our side. Between us we know a lot!

I need to find people who are interested in collaborating with me. I've started it in fast pencil and can add you if you're willing?

I can only write it with enough input and support from other sufferers. Even if you don't want to contribute I'd really like to know what you think of the idea. For a start what do you think of the title, it was off the top of my head and perhaps could be better; ideas welcome.

What are ME/CFS/Fibro by Sufferers? or it could be What are ME/CFS and Similar Diseases by Sufferers? for instance.

2 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Go into Facebook look for British Sjogren's and I will get you in!
    • Posted

I  don't do Fb Pam, long story, and it's people to contribute that I need. I don't have Fibro, just ME as far as I'm aware. Can you pm me so we can talk about it?
  • Posted

Hi Pam, it's good to hear you are focusing of something to your brain active. I have been hit with not only cfs and fibro but hypothyroidism osteoarthritis degenerative disc disease and so on. Very difficult to go on with but will certainly never give up.

Anyway, possible names for your book:

ME/CFS/Fibro - The Survivors Guide

ME/CFS/Fibro - Is There Light at the End of the Tunnel?

ME/CFS/Fibromyalgia Don't Suffer in Silence

Sorry if I've misread what you are actually working on, fibro fog has occupied my brain

• Posted

Thank you so much for the suggestions Gizmo! razz

At the moment I have 'ME and Fibromalgia Through Sufferers Eyes' because it's about explaining to people such as familiy, friends and doctors what it's like, symptoms etc. We're the ones who know the most about it after all!

There needs to be more general understanding about it. And we're going to have chapters on theapies we use, things that help us individually etc. What do you think?

• Posted

If you want to join in pm your email address so I can invite you to Fastpencil where it's all taking place. You can take part as much or as little as you like. razz
  • Posted

Why not ME and me. Journeys of sufferers of ME, CFS and fibro.

Just a thought, makes it more catchy. And yes happy to contribute. Mine appears to have been triggered by illness and stress then an.op.

But still remain unconvinced of diagnosis/cause as are the CFS team!

• Posted

That is a good title jubbs, thanks, I'll write it in my notes.
    • Posted

Oops I sent that before I'd finished replying!

If you want to join us in Fastpencil, where we're writing it please pm me with your email address. You can do as little or much as you like.

• Posted

Hi Georgia, I'd be willing to consider collaborating .    I've written and edited books before.   Sorry to be so blunt, but I think both of your suggested titles are pretty clunky.  I'd be more inclined to come up with a two or three word, catchy title and then a subtitle 'Living with ME'.  The book forward could explain the similarity between ME and fibro but I hate CFS because although it accuratey describes what for me anyway, is the worst symptom, many people think it's just the kind of tiredness that anybody gets after a hard week at work!

I'd like to see some of what you have already written to be sure we are on the same wavelength.  It's been done before by others so it needs to really stand out.

If you don't like the sound of what I'm saying, that's OK, I won't be offended.

Whippet lover

• Posted

That's great Christine! If you pm me your email address we'll get you in.
  • Posted

I think it's a great idea.  I am ramping up to do my own blog and contribute freelance work to websites interested in articles on health by someone with a chronic illness.  I would contribute to a specific topic.
    • Posted

That's a great idea! We really need to tell people about it.
    • Posted

Forgot to ask if you want to join us and contribut as little or as much as you wish pm me  your email address. Or even if you'd just read some of it and make suggestions that would help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.