Need encouragement & information! Shingles won't stop coming...

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am 45, with health issues that create a weak immune system. I was diagnosed with shingles for the 4th time 9 days ago (breakout began 11 days ago). Shingles are on my head following the occipital nerves on both sides from temple to the low neck in a width of 2-3" max with one additional spot on the spine. I started Aclovar & a prednisone pack 9 days ago and 2 days ago I started a new breakout of shingles on my back that is quite large and today I got a large blister on the inside of my lip. The 1st round our shingles are still blistering and filling and they are now spreading toward my face (past my ear). Those new areas are only swollen and have not yet popped any blisters but you know it is coming by the way it feels. My doctor called in an antibiotic today and my glands feel swollen, I feel feverish, my ears both hurt & I feel all over miserable without discussing the pain from the actual shingles. My frustration is so high and I don't know what to do! I do I have pain Meds but they are my daily Meds & are not touching this! Does anyone have any suggestions because I could really use some encouragement and advice! Thanks everyone! I hope you are all doing better by now!!??????

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry. I wish i had something to tell you that would make things all better. I wish someone could tell me something that would make things all better! Lol. Shingles suck and that's just the short of it. Sounds like you are doing everything you can to help. I spray witch hazel on the affected area to help with itching and it seems to have immediate effect.

• Posted

Dear Holly,

In addition to what I sent privately, who is managing the Herpes Zoster-Shingles? The physician needs to realize that your current pain pills are not touching the pain, and needs to prescribe something far stronger... If you answer my private post, I can suggest what medications to ask for.... Thanks again....

Merry Juliana

• Posted

I actually ended up at the hospital in the ER last night and was transferred via smbulance to a larger hospital where they were better equipped. (I am from a smaller town.) They are worried about sepsis and disseminated shingles which with my weakened immune system would be quite dangerous. Hopefully I am about to get some relief & answers!! Thanks for your encouragement!!

• Posted

Dear Holly..

Please let me know what is happening to you..you certainly are seriously ill....

Where do you live...

I shall be thinking of you.... recovery is a process..

All my best wishes

Your friend in healing

Merry Juliana

• Posted

I used Greek yogurt and the highest percentage zinc oxide I could find. Mixed those two together to make a cream. It did wonders for healing my rash, in addition helped tremendously with the itching and burning pain. I do not know what to do about the one in your mouth?? Also, I just went and saw a natural medicine dr. She recommended increasing my vit c intake to 5-10,000mg a day for a while and getting a good vit b complex (the complex being very important) to take daily. My sister in law highly recommends the green cream from the Merry clinic. You can look it up online. She swears by this cream for relief and decrease of spreading. I hope this helps. So sorry for your suffering.
    • Posted

Please tell me about greek yogurt and zinc oxide.  My husband has terrible itching.  I'd like to try this....do you know how it works?  How did you pick those two ingredients?

• Posted

I read it on a natural remedy site. I had both those things at my house at the time. I was so thrilled with the results! It is messy and obviously noticeable, so it is only something you can use at home. That is the only negative. I'm not sure what makes it work, accept for that zinc is healing for any skin disorder and yougurt has live good bacteria in it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.