need help??

Posted , 3 users are following.

so i have a severe phoiba of being sick which has turned into generalized anxiety. Ive had cbt and everything ive also had one to one therapy. Im taking a low dose of something to help me sleep but dont believe in taking loads medication. I cant go back to the doctor and he is terrible and medication is his answer for everything. I work full time and am keeping my life together as much as i can but im 22 and finding it so hard to hold it together. I caught a sickness bug a few weeks ago which was the first time i had been ill in 10 years (my immune system is amazing) and now im worried im gonna be sick again. I feel sick pretty much every day but i know this is the anxiety. Problem is i know whats wrong with me and how to cure it but i cant stop the panic and intrusive thoughts. i dont want to be scared i want to live a normal life but i always feel sick

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I know how you feel I had a bit of trouble with my mouth awhile ago and I cant stop checking my gums in the mirror every hour, trying to find a way to stop doing this

• Posted

its hard isnt it, I feel so sick today and i know im not gonna be sick but theres that chance i could. I just wann run away from work and go home but i cant sad 
    • Posted

Hi Beth do you not get fed up with people saying give yourself a shake or as my sister keeps saying get up and do something or go for a walk, she has no idea.  Try and have a good evening
  • Posted

Hi Beth,

Phobias can be truly frightening things and they can take over your life if you let them but you musn't let them. You say you have had CBT and one to one therapy and also that you can't go back to your doctor but it maybe that you need help in the way of medication, or a change to medication for your anxiety. You have to do all you can to help yourself in order to overcome this. Do please try.

• Posted

hey Beth I know exactly what you mean I've had anxiety 11yrs now and mine weirdly started as travel sickness and I still feel sick in certain situations like if I have no escape if I feel sick and I know I can't just get out of the situation and sort my head out it gets worse and just makes you stress more making you feel even more sick but I've found distractions help me most I just put my earphones in and listen to music or something anything that takes your mind off thinking about it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.