Need help!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

So literally just been diagnosed with this after having the 'herald patch' for about 2 weeks and the rest of my body is literally covered everywhere in the red itchy spots and other herald patches. Does anyone have any home remedies for helping this? It's making me feel really depressed as I can't go anywhere or wear anything without feeling uncomfortable 😩 I've been reading about sun beds and washing in head and shoulders shampoo, does this actually work? Heeeeellllppppppp

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

First of all--You poor thing! I know the misery well. I had never even heard of PR before I got it, and had my herald patch misdiagnosed as a strep infection before the rest of the rash started showing up. 

I did some research and found PRREZE Cream that was made specifically for PR rash. All-natural ingredients, no chemicals or steroids, and available to order online! It works SO well and has tons of positive reviews from users. Apply it twice a day for three days, then wait for two to see if your rash improves. You may see it look redder and worse first--that's okay! It means the cream is working and the rash is responding to the treatment! After Day 5, it should start to look more like a sunburn and the skin should begin drying out/blistering. Still not a good look, but it means the rash is going away. Within a few weeks, the rash fades, dries up and skin goes back to normal (moisturizing with shea butter or anything mild, like Vitamin E, really helps because skin will be very dry for a while after the rash is gone.)

Sun beds work for some people, but not everyone. I sunbathed for 10 minutes a day outside as much as I could, didn't really see the rash clearing up fast afterwards. I tried H/S Shampoo, but it has to be the medicated kind. It didn't do anything for me but other people say it's worked for them. It all depends! You can definitely give these treatments a try for about a week and see if there's any improvement. 

Oatmeal baths work great, too! They help with itching and inflammation. 1 cup of oatmeal added to a warm/lukewarm bath is soothing and good for skin rashes. Avoid using hot water while you have the rash, cause it doesn't help!

I hear you about feeling depressed! I felt terrible emotionally and my vanity really took a hit. The best thing to do is remind yourself that this rash is not your fault and wasn't caused by anything you did. It's a nasty beast, but it will go away. Keep wearing whatever you want and if you feel like it, be honest with people about the rash (reassure them that it's not contagious, of course!) Lots of people live with skin conditions and know how much of a hassle they are. You're not as alone as you might think! 

• Posted

Hiya. I had this last year, I'm in the UK and I used aveeno dry skin cream and vitamin D3 after researching online, and they started to fade after about a week of using them. The cream helps the itching too. I know it's horrible, but it does go. I hope you get relief and it goes quickly for you.

• Posted

I agree, poor baby!!!!! I can commiserate because been there, done that. I also agree with SummerRose- get Prreze! It worked for me.
  • Posted

Hi jay, i was diagnosed with the same thing,  doctor didn't give me nothing for it,  i tried everything, head and shoulders, etc.  what i did was I put pressure on all the bumps and i rubbed them real hard,  a back and forth motion,  and i applied rubbing alcohol.  all over them.  and they finally went away .  try it.  let me know how it goes

• Posted

Hey! I've had this for 6 weeks and basically tried everything apart from Sunbeds I'm going to start tomorrow to see if this helps I've spent so much money on remedies I've seen online such as head and shoulders, selsun blue, coconut oil, tea tree oil all creams prescribe by doctors including steroid creams nothing helped me at all, I started taking l-lysine which is a vitamin tablet u will get from holland and barrats I Seen online that it's ment to help within 2 weeks I'm only on my third day taking them.. yet to see results but I think the only option would be Sunbeds unless anyone else has any tips? 

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up