Need help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

My 8yo was diagnosed with MCV, I have been treating with essential oils and they are starting to burst and scab over. Question is they are quite large after they have burst and started scabbing and tonight he was in a little bit of pain. From everything I read I thought that once they all starting bursting and scabbing over that this was in fact the start of the body fighting the virus. Now I'm worried that he was in pain that perhaps the scabs are not good bursts. Did anyone have similar large scabs upon healing? 

Thanks smile 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kristy, I also have an 8yo with MCV. She contracted it in Feb/March this year 2017 and it was misdiagnosed as chickenpox. I had her a week off school it was under the arm and down the RHS of her torso and took her back to same Doc who said uhoh no this is MCV. He said there is nothing you can do for it, and it will take 6-8 months to go away on it's own, and there were no current meds for it in Australia. We waited and waited and in probably June purchased 'Mollenol' online. Following the instructions to the tee, we repurchased. It did seem to get somewhat better, but had not gone away, and had actually spread to her legs. I took her back to my GP (not same guy we saw before) and he recommended a compound medication twice daily (5% formaldehyde/5%salicylic acid). We started applying this 30th Sept 2017, twice daily. She was overseas with her Dad on holiday in a cooler climate, and by the time they came back it actually was fading, and was NOT painful/itchy to her, we could apply the compound. Unfortunately, and we feel so bad.... we went away last Friday to a very hot climate and FORGOT our medicine. So we return three days ago - the MCV is RIFE. Dark red skin and blistering, very 'rash like' Applying the compound is SO SO painful for her, we are both in tears also, trying to apply this compound. We don't know what to do. She hates this medicine, we are beside ourselves. 

?But, to answer your question ... we have found the the larger pustules will burst and spread. I think this is why she has them also on her legs, due to the bursting on her torso and when she is sleeping she sleeps with her hands on her legs. It was recommended to us that we 'Band-Aid' the pustules, and unfortunately she had an allergic reaction to band aid, and Elastoplast does not stick to her skin. 

?Someone please help we need to help our little girl.

• Posted

My three year old had MCV. After months and months of having the doctor tell me there was nothing we could do and to let it run its course, I decided to do a lot of research. What finally ended up working to get rid of them, I gave him epsom salt baths every evening, for all of the postures I tried ACV first but his skin was getting too irritated. I switched to tea tree oil, I used a q-tip dipped in the oil and dabbed each postule. For the ones that are about to pop I would make sure to either put a tegaderm bandage on it or a bandaid, enough to keep it covered. I did this for about two weeks and they were completely gone. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.