Need help:/

Posted , 8 users are following.

For the past year of 2018 I got severe anxiety. Long story short, I have been able to overcome my anxiety! Last month I got a new job (keep in mind I have been working my old job for the past 3 years). I also havent been to therapy in a month.Randomly one day 3 weeks ago I got a sudden random feeling of deprrssion. Ever since then, I have been feeling very depressed. The fact is that there is no real problem, I just got myself hooked on a negative feeling. But this negative feeling keeps snowballing into deeper and more negative feelings. Its like my mind wants me o feel bad. I have a fear of suicide, I dont want to die but this feeling I get makes me feel so down I cant describe it. My mom is manic depressive, and has had several suicide attempts throughout her life, which is what scares me. So I know my pattern of thinking is what is making me feel worse. Like I said, I dont wanna die or dont think about killing myself, but suicide is on my mind because it scares me. So I need help on how to change my pattern of thinking / some positivy.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Instead of thinking about the negative think about positive? I'm depressed an I have real bad anxiety. It's been like that since 2012 for me. There's been a year where I was able too forget about my sorrows an pains but that was the wrong way? Thinking about positive. Sometimes therapy just doesn't work for certain things. Different remedies help. Try thinking positive an doing positive. Even too others? Sometimes helping someone can make you forget for a while? I'm only 22 an I do think it's down too my self it's my thoughts an reasons or beliefs that have made me who I am? This negative thing? Try do something about why it's negative an try an change it too a positive. You just need a positive outcome to the negative. An there is always one. We just gotta find it. Just smile be happy an put literally everything too the side. All thoughts an just relax for that moment? It sounds easy but we all know it isn't easy to do but we can do it! I'm not usually one too message or reply. As I find it hard too but you understand what it feels like too so we got too help each other as much as possible an I felt like I needed too message! Just stay strong keep your newish job goingoing an maybe you'll be able to put the negative away! Good luck in your future. 😃

• Posted

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I am 19, so I am pretty young as well. Even though its hard, I will take your advice and try to be more positive. I know my thoughts are a major part of my depression and anxiety. I know I dont know you but I am always here if you need to talk:) Best of wishes to you<333

• Posted

Well done for getting a job, you're a step ahead of me, how do i keep calm tomorrow going to see my new job?

• Posted

Be confident and don't over think it? Revise of you can on some questions you may be asked. An just prepare yourself! You'll be great!

• Posted

Thanks Mike, i am now really full of cold and feel like death warmed up! I will see about tomorrow, it's with my sister's school, knowing me i get something else.

• Posted

Just take baby steps and enjoy it! Good luck. Make sure you drink water and eat:-) It helps you be more focused. Slow breathing:)

• Posted

Thanks Emily, i needed some support. I feel like i've lost all confidence;

• Posted

Hi Mike, no wonder i felt so rough got vertigo on top of severe head cold. Everything is spinning! Am just doing nothing and will continue to do so until i can breathe. I know myself that i often get sinus infections on top of vertigo so i can see me ending up on antibiotics. Ow! School was ok, but couldn't even breathe in school now.

• Posted

its hard to stop the thoughts once they start popping into your head but you need to distract the mind some how,exersise,brain games meet with mates anything that will work for you,i think everyone has mad thoughts its just when your depressed there hightend more,you will be fine ,be safe and take care,if you need to chat message me

• Posted

Hi Emily it is easily done getting into a spiral of low mood. try doing some exercise like jogging or brisk walking. join with friends to give you motivation. it always goes so don't worry too much about your thoughts . try meditation if at all possible. Good luck. I am sure one of the above should help. let us know how you are getting on.

• Posted

hi Emily....with all due respect to everyone else (and I MEAN that!)....sometimes when you're in the throes of depression it's extremely difficult to get motivated to exercise or see friends! Try watching a favorite, funny movie and make a mug of hot chocolate! curl up on the couch and immerse yourself in it....just a thought!

• Posted

Hi Emily it is very easy to get into your state of mind dont worry about how you got there but try to get out of it by diverting your attention. exercise and meditation are some good ways. See your doctor if you are unable to do any of this.

some free on line apps include mind gym and headspace I found it very useful when I was in your situation but most important talk to friends does not have to be about your problems but just talking helps. hope these help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.