Need help. 1mg Ativan or .25 Xanax?

Posted , 7 users are following.

So, i was perscribed 1mg ativan from one hospital and 0.25 xanax from another. I have been taking the ativan however, I am waking up jittery and muscles buzzing/vibrating. I want to switch to the xanax being that I am almost out but Im afraidĀ  the .25 mg xanax will not work. Do you think switcing would be an issue and would it still be effective at stopping my panic attack?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Wouldn't even consider stopping or swapping meds without asking doctor. Have suffered from anxiety for years . Been on different meds. I tend to get the muscle spasms , jitteriness if I don't take meds as regular ( as doctor) says or if I stop taking for a few days . Stopped meds once altogether and had all these symptoms and more (hell). Anxiety makes my muscles ache I can manage to live with that. Ask again on here maybe someone knows more but would describe this to doctor. Also if I get jittery jumpy legs I have bananas before bed( potassium) works. But could be something needs treated. Keep talking on here it helps so much, reassures as people have experienced it ??

• Posted

I got it fromthe hospital and only have 3 more pills left so i wasn't sure what I should do.

• Posted

Go see your family doctor and see what they recommend. The muscle spasms and jitteriness could be from your meds or could be from anxiety.

Take care.

• Posted

That happens to me from anxiety or if I drink that night. The Ativan works amazing for me. Calms me down makes me mello but I don't feel high off of it. I break the 1mg in half cause that is all I nees

• Posted

Talk to your doctor first about it. I take .25 xanax as needed and it works well. I'm also on Celexa 30mg I'm kind of at a point where I can work my way through an attack. However I can tell when a bad one is coming and take my Xanax.

• Posted

Can you maybe call your primary and ask him/her for a refill if the Ativan in case the Xanax doesn't work for you?

• Posted

I didn't get the ativan from my doctor. He would want to see me first before perscribing me the meds.

• Posted

Well the Xanax should work. It's in the same class. Maybe discuss with your primary next time you see him/her about putting you on Ativan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.