Need help

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm so tired of having this feeling and no matter how many times I try to tell myself it's anxiety it doesn't help and I've been to the ER about 6 times and they haven't been able to find anything wrong, it's a hard feeling to describe but I will try my best I can't feel my body at all and when I get really worked up about it I get a really hot feeling and I feel out of my body constantly and I'm really out of it and I feel like I'm in a different world always. Everything I touch feels weird and it's hard to move or even do anything because my body doesn't feel right I can't even keep a conversation with people talking sounds weird to me and when I'm in a middle of a panic attack with it, it's so hard to even get out of it but once I'm done freaking out I don't have that much relief because the feeling is always there. I feel like Im never going back to normal. I haven't left my bed all day because I'm so upset with how my body feels. Does anyone have similar problems or can help me get through the night 

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I feel the same most of the time and have felt this way for two years.I think that every day is my last.I have conversations with people but at the same time I think I am about to pass out,but apparently people tell me that I appear to be quite.mormal.I wish I felt it!

Every day has become a nightmare to get through.

• Posted

I also feel as though my head is being squeezed and that oxygen is not getting to my brain.

I often want to go to the emergency room in the hospital but am so scared that they will leave me for hours before seeing me,so I don't go.

• Posted

Hi Anna. Sorry to hear you are feeling so anxious. It sounds like derealisation. I get it whenever my anxiety is triggered. It puts you into the fight or flight mode which shuts down certain parts of your brain allowing you to focus on getting out of danger. It's like a sort of tunnel vision but as there is no real danger we don't understand why we feel this way. It's horrible and I hate it. A therapist told me "Don't try to fight it. First of all just observe it. Say. Right now I am feeling anxious, scared, tense, etc. often when we acknowledge it, it takes it's power away. Then write down how it is you actually WANT TO FEEL and visualise yourself looking and feeling really calm and well. Practice this regularly and you will retrain your brain to deal with anxiety and not be afraid of it. I have found a lot of positive advice on Life coaches websites. They focus more on where you want to be rather than where you are now. I hope this helps. Be kind to yourself. Happy new year. Xxx
    • Posted

What if in reality you know that you can never be where  you want to be,because of circumstances.It is frustrating.At 72 I know what is possible,and the fact that I have no family support makes dealing with this very challenging.Sorry to be negative,but,it is not something I can cope with alone.I know that I could be 50% better if I did not live alone.
    • Posted

Hi Wendi. Sorry you feel alone. Anxiety is so cruel. I am surrounded by a lovely family yet still feel alone. No one understands if they haven't had it. My life coach friend says you should focus on things that you CAN change as anything out of our control will only drag us down. She reminds me to write gratitude lists. I am grateful that I have legs as today someone lost their legs. I'm not blind andd don't have cancer. Some people are blind AND have anxiety. Or have cancer and anxiety. Don't get me wrong. None of these things are THE answer but it helps to have tools to help us help ourselves. Where our focus goes, our energy flows. We must focus on how we want to feel. This time round my anxiety has been crippling. I've been suicidal too and whilst I spent weeks reading about anxiety I felt worse. Now I've refocused my energy onto being well and positive I seem to be slowly getting better. I hope you feel better soon too. Xxx
    • Posted

Hi wendi, I also have anxiety I actually have ocd with my body any little pain I feel I think im dying. I used to go to a life coach and he gave me some good tricks to get my mind off of it. He said close your eyes and think of five things you can hear then smell then feel etc. It helps a bit but best bet is to just deal with it and accept that it will always be there just a matter of showing your anxiety who is the boss of your body and mind 
  • Posted

Omg he me to!! But I've found that I have to get up and out just to feel better. At the time I feel like crap I don't want to but the more I move and get out of the house it slowly gets better, until I come home.... I get it though I understand. I also hate going to the ER they look at me like I'm crazy and I don't know what I'm talking about. I just wish that they could feel what we feel for just 30 mins so they could understand what we are going through
  • Posted

Anna-I just read OBE-out of body experiences happen with certain medical conditions-is this what you mean?you should google it.or -maybe its like the feeling i would get after having cannibis-very scary after feeling high for a tiny bit.I definetly felt out of my body and frightened.some people call it paranoid-thats not what I call it.I will ask my son too-age 22-who suffers from what you desribe-and brain squeezing and depression!He is a mess!.I am not normal myself and cant ever agree that anxiety is the name of we have(mine is different )i feel that our nervous systems can be a mess-and our genes etc play a role.extreme fear-hyperhydrosis-over active nervous system-it all seems like a condition to me that have to do with overactive nerves--not simple anxiety over something-.i can be concerned /worried over something and feel ok.Like-when I sould have anxiety-sometimes its not there.Anything new with you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.