need help

Posted , 6 users are following.

want to come off off coadamol dont know where to start any advice do i go doctors or do it a different way

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sheryl,

It can be done with sheer willpower by just stopping but it is extremely hard however that will depend on how many a day you are taking and what strength? You can also mention this to your doctor and they can prescribe you Codeine Phosphate which is just pure Codeine with no Paracetemol as it is the Paracetemol that do the most damage to your liver. I wish you all the best on which ever way you attempt to go about this and I hope to one day read that you have conquered this horrible demon.

• Posted

thank you for all your advice just didnt know what to do for the best i have treid cutting down so far only had four today which is good for me
    • Posted

I agree Owen, cold turkey is the best way to come of CC it can be hard but with will power get it over and done with, I did it and now feel great.
  • Posted

I was 30 -40 a day solpadiene max habit as doctor had cut me off from Co codomol ended up I didn't chose to come off them willing forced after accidental overdose which landed me in hospital and then family became aware now haven't had one since 12 th of Jaunary but I am on a drug therepy programme which isn't the answer for everyone but worth speaking over doctor with as they may help you taper dowN in a safe way which reduces the chance of relapse. You can kick these drugs chixk we are here for each other in the bad times and celebrate the good. First step admitting you have a problem so well done you can only go upwards from now x
    • Posted

thats what i worried about having a overdose and worried if come them altoghther dont know if that will make my migraine worse hun
    • Posted

i aint on that many i have about 10 a day now cut down to four getting there
  • Posted

I am sorry if I came over as judging that is not what I intended. The fact is that co-coda mol 30/500 is the only pain killer that works for me and if doctors were banned from prescribing it, I w ould not just be housebound but bed bound as I was before being prescribed it. Believe me , I am thankful for co-codamol. As for propanolol yes, it does cause stomach problems in some people but it works for migraine so I put up with the stomach problems!
    • Posted

is it best to take propanmol with or without food
    • Posted

I take mine with food but not sure what the information leaflet says
    • Posted

i take with food just wasnt sure which was the best
  • Posted

That is excellent Sheryl. Well done. Keep up the good work. Gill
    • Posted

ok hun i proberly took it the wrong way as had no sleep im sorry if i afented you
  • Posted

Hi Sheyl,

I came of CC 2nd Feb cold turkey thats the way I would sugest if you hve he will power. I wouldnt go to your GP if you havent been precribed them i wuld hen g on your medic record that you ha an addiction.

The ideaffect of wihrawal canbe nasty but yo should ble to cope withwill power, I as o them for 3-4 years and was ddicted to them.

God luck.

• Posted

Hi Sheryl,

How are you doing with the co/co?

Have you managed to stop taking

Them?

Kate.

X

• Posted

Doctors took me off them as was making migraine worse so on paracetamol now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.