Need help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I need some help my daughter is 16 year old and she was diagnosed with Crohn's disease but Can she have Gastroesophageal reflux disease Aswell like can you have both of them disease

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

The simple answer is yes. You can have any disease with another. I have CD and reflux. Also have osteoperosis, hormone deficiency and IBS. If it is bothering her at this age she needs to be put on an acid blocker soon to prevent cellular changes in her esophagus. Cancer can develop as a result or Baretts esophagus. It is truly sad to hear of someone so young having this disease. I wish her the best.
    • Posted

Thank you so munch for replying back and she is very down in here self I have never had nun of there's problems so I don't no how she is feeling and she is only 16 what do u think I should do I need some advice and help and nun of are friends or family have ever had anything like this she can't keep nothing down
  • Posted

Hello

I was diagnosed with crohns a couple of years ago when I was 19 and just before I became ill I developed reflux and still suffer now with it. I have to take medication for both crohns and reflux everyday. It's awful, wish your daughter all the best x

• Posted

Thank you so munch for replying back I don't no how she feels because I have never had any of there's problems me or my friends or family she's very down in here self she's very strong because she's all ways smiling but I can tell she is in lot of pain it started about 2 year ago but nothing seriouse it was mild symptoms and lately there's few days she has been really ill but still manages to smile I need some help and advice
    • Posted

Yes I have very down days to, it does bring down your mood and I just feel bed up of always feeling like my health is bad or there is always something wrong. I have started taking lots of vitamin tablets as this can really help your overall health to feel a bit better than it did before. 

It is hard as there isn't really much you can do when you are feeling ill with this. When my reflux is really bad a hot water bottle can help a little bit. Also, they say milk helps but sometimes it makes mine worse, I have changed to organic milk instead and that is not as bad for me. 

Hope this helps, I know how it can be to feel ill and like your in it on your own even if you have many around you to support you x

• Posted

She's just like any other teenager but she is really girly girl she loves shopping and spending time with here friends she actally have keep it secrete she don't want nun of here friends to know she haves there's diseases but lately she's been so ill and it's starting to get me down because there's nothing I can do and I want to talk to somebody with the same problems has here so I can start to understand what to do for here ? She don't feel like eating anything she is scared to eat because she won't say why ? Xx
    • Posted

I am the same too - very girly! And it does feel embaressing to let people know, most people don't even know what the disease is. I hadn't heard ofit before I was ill! 

I was scared to go out incase I felt ill etc. I couldn't eat anything as I lost my appetite and sorry to lower the tone but when I did try to eat everything went straight through anyway and gave me severe tummy pain. When I was finally diagnosed I was put on meds which almost instantly reduced my symptoms. 

If she wants someone to talk to about it then you should show her this website, I am always happy to help and have a chat with her if she finds iot hard to talk to people about her experiences. xx

• Posted

Thank you so munch for your help I will try talk to here and tell here she can talk to you and Some things she eats she will be fine but then others she's really sick and can't keep it down but the toilet issues is sorta ok at the minute it's the sicking she's scared to go out case she vomites 😘 Thank you for ur help ur so kind xx
    • Posted

That's okay, I had such a small variety of foods I was happy to eat but now I eat anything again. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.