Need help

Posted , 6 users are following.

My daughter is 26 years of age recently she has had stomach pain , bloating, two weeks of diahrrea followed by a week of constipation, feeling quite hot and passing mucus

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

The best recommendation I can make is have your daughter clean up her diet, low fat, high protein and fiber.  Increase her daily water intake and start taking a good multivitamin and probiotic.  

Possibilities:  h-pylori, some kind of viral infection, IBS, poor diet, stress, etc

• Posted

Could be some sort of intolerance. I felt exactly the same before stopping eating Gluten. I had a tempteture every time I ate
  • Posted

Could be IBS.  She should see a doctor for tests and diagnosis.
    • Posted

She went to go this morning he says stomach infection and gave her nothing and she is hardly eating plus all the other symptoms.

It is no surprise to me that a&e departments are busy as they just don't care about patients and they end up there, where the diagnosis is usually made.

End of rant and thanks for your comments

• Posted

Two weeks is too long for a stomach infection. Did he do a physical examination at all?
    • Posted

Yes, he checked her tummy and this has been going on for nearly four weeks and two weeks ago he said gastroenteritis which her symptoms are different from that diagnosis.

I believe it is something else but what can you do.

My daughter by my recommendation listed how she was feeling with all her symptoms and he just looked at her , the docs on the tv tell you to write down your symptoms so the doctor can give a clearer diagnosis

• Posted

My wife was  asked to keep a diary and it was just put in her file and ignored.The hospital letter then said that she was much improved.

This week two appointments later she told this to yet another doctor who found it in the file and has referred her on to someone else.

• Posted

Many Thanks for your reply .

I am worried about her but GPs don't seem to care anymore they just fob everyone off and when things turn out worse there is no come back to them as they are in general practices and can't know everything. So very convenient for them .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.