Need help/advice Anyone Please

Posted , 6 users are following.

Happy New Year to everyone on this forum. Please I would appreciate anyone who could give me advice on two problems i am experiencing since i have been diagnosed with Chronic Pancreatitis. I suffer fropm chronic fatigue on a regular basis and I struggle to concentrate on anything. When reading i begin to have double vision not only that I feel so tired that I end up having to close the book. Also at work i struggle all through the day i feel extremely tired at all times. I use time release multi-vitamins, probiotic tablets but not one seems to be have any effect or improvement in my well being. I also on a regular basis encounter what i could best describe as muscle spasms/twitching mostly in my right arm and my calf muscles. This happens throughout the day till i go to bed at night. Please I would appreciate if any of you can give me advice on this problems I am encountering because i feel very stress with this problem. I have spoken to my doctor but they have done several tests and nothing has been detected.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear of your problems! You are not alone, please try not to worry! I have suffered from Chronic Pancreatitus for 30 years, in 2007 I had to have a liver transplant, I too have the same symptoms at the moment! I have been referred to a Neurologist, of which I am seeing in about 10 days! My CP was caused by trauma at the age of 17, and I have had to live with the constant pain since day one! I will let you know if they find anything, or if they can give any info at all! Take care, sorry I cannot be more helpful at the moment
    • Posted

Thanks so much Jason I really appreciate that and I hope it goes well at the Neurologist.
  • Posted

Hello Lawrence, I too feel the same symptoms as you... Constant fatigue, Twitching..

I'm curious about the vision you talked about.. Does this happen regularly? CP can cause Type 1 diabetics.Do you feel constant thirst and Intense hunger?

• Posted

Hi Tom,  yes it happens regularly i know CP can cause diabeties. i have done tests and all have comeback negative. I do feel very hungary  but not constantly thirsty. unlike in the past when i had severe malabsorption (not sure i got the spelling correct) now my stools are more solid and i do not have constant diarrhea.
  • Posted

Hi lawrence, sorry to hear about your problem, i also face constant fatigue, and also stressed, i hope you get well soon
  • Posted

I had similar issues, turned out it was a cyst on my pancreas that was feeding from my splenic artery. Docs put a coil in the artery a couple months ago, haven't had any of those problems since. Hope that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.