Need Help ASAP!

Posted , 2 users are following.

My dad is having a colonoscopy tomorrow, and on the instructions it says to take two 5mg Dulcolax tablets that were prescribed to him. This is the only medication he forgot to request, so he is left without it. I went to the pharmacy to pick up some 5mg Dulcolax tablets but it says it will settle in between 6-12 hours after taking it. He has to start taking it at 2PM, and I don't know if he should take these or try to find an alternative laxative. He is supposed to be drinking the Nulytely/Colyte solution with these tablets. I need help before 2PM EST! Thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i would call the docs office. see if the on call doc can help. the instructions for mine didn't say i needed them but seen on the internet to use them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.