Need help badly PROSTATITIS HELL FIRE!

Posted , 8 users are following.

hello everyone I have been dealing with Prostatitis about 4 months now its Horrible and turn my life upside down out of no where. ER rooms, doxycycline, uro mp, nitrofutin, azo, and a bunch more medications ,urologist, cat scan, camera down penis which should some inflammation in prostate, change diet,no drinking still nothing and now when i have a bowl movement it really sets my prostate off crazy inflammation all in pelvic region and severe burning when urinating and a terrible irritation at tip of penis that lingers afterwards 24/7 and sometimes with the bowl movement an ejaculation automatically happens as crazy as it sounds. Im at a dead end even thought suicide at one point in very beginning stage in the first month I finally have a Physical Therapy class this week 1 that specializes in Pelvic Therapy. Has this treatment helped with anyone dealing with Prostatitis symptoms like mines and for those in the same boat as me keep pushing threw and trying I know everyday is a struggle im going threw it, I keep praying also... is there light at the end of the tunnel?

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Edited

Just my thoughts. Prostatitis is supposedly very hard to diagnose. I'm not sure I believe that but its what I was told. I had what seemed to be prostatitis. Dr. did exam of my prostate, when she touched my prostate, it hurt, a lot. Yet she ignored the pain. Eventually the pain went away when I was on antibiotics for a UTI. I asked my GP for 2 extra weeks of antibiotics and he gave them to me. My understanding is, the best to diagnose prostatitis is get fluid from it. Not a urine sample but semen or whatever its called. The send it out to see if there are bacteria in it. Then the proper antibiotics can be prescribed. This is what I've been told, not sure how much of it is true. I hope you find a way to healing, I'm praying for you. And please get help if the suicidal thoughts return. Find someone to talk to. Good luck, God Bless

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

wow, im so sorry to hear this my friend, please hang in there, jesus doesn't give us anything we cannot handle. However have you tried an alpha blocker for the pain? Also, what about levofloxacin as a med? I have the same as you, it took a bit to calm down AND I had to stop drinking sugary drinks as to that REALLY set it off, have you tried that yet? Please talk to me and let me know, concerned for you

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

my bf has discomfort too with inflammation. what did you do to help with the pain

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

honestly my dr told me to rub one out at least twice a day if possible? I messed that up and went once every two days, believe me it actually worked. Haven't had sex as to my understanding you can pass that bacteria to my wife, so I'm still learning alot about this, hope all is well

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Feeling your pain.Ive had penis pain and uncomfortable feeling lower down for over 2 months.Been on Naproxen and Nitrofurantoin for 2 weeks.Before that was taking antibiotics.Pain less but no cure going round in circles.Also still waiting to see a consultant my psa has been going up from 5.4 to 5.7,had a biopsy 3 years ago and was fine.If anybody has any help let me know.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Leonard,

You should work with a Urologist if you are not already. Did you have a DRE (Digital Rectal Exam) ? If you have prostatitus the DRE will probably be painful. To diagnose prostatitus you will probably need to have a semen sample analysed for bacteria, a urine sample only shows infection of the bladder, kidneys, or urethra.

I had prostatitus when I was 22. The Urologist did a DRE to massage semen out if the prostate onto a microscope slide. They looked at it to determine what type of antibiotic to use, and also to determine when the infection was gone. I think he also wanted to push semen out of the prostate to discharge bacteria along with it. You should be able to do the same with masturbation. The idea is to keep old and stale semen moving out of the prostate along with the bacteria, and draw the antibiotic in from the blood stream.

Best wishes,

Thomas

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

A few things:

1. would definitely suggest seeing a urologist
    2. consider a semen culture. bacteria that do not show up in urine culture, or even in expressed prostate fluid, ,can show in semen
    3. Consider taking D-mannose from a health store. I have had some definate symptom relief from taking this . This is a simple sugar, but the body does not readily process it, so most of it passed oit via urine. It occurs naturally is some foods and has various roles in nature. It happens to bind the outside surface of E. coli. This interferes with e.coli ability to adhere to lining of urinary tract. It is very effective. Most UTI and bacterial prostatitis is caused by e.coli. It does not work against other bugs.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up