Need help! been sick for so long!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

Sorry for the long post, but I need help! Since July I have been so sick. Before I became sick, I was a healthy and active 24 year old woman who worked out in the gym everyday was a full time college student and worked part time. It all started with me becoming extremely weak, and every time I would stand up I would become very dizzy and my heart would race. I also was very nauseated, would break out into sweats, had body aches and sharp pains that felt like pins and needles sticking me all over. I thought maybe it was my blood sugar so I started to eat more before I went to the gym. When I was at work one day I felt like I was going to faint even though I had ate. I went to the ER and the doctor done a ton of blood work, CT scan of my head, EKG, and a chest x ray. Every thing came back normal except a little bacteria in my urine. The doctor said I was orthostatic because of my heart rate going up every time I would stand up so he gave me a couple bags of IV fluid and sent me home with an antibiotic. I thought my symptoms was due to the UTI, but I was wrong. I went to my family doctor and he done more blood work to check for other things like Lyme's disease and mono. He also ordered an echo of my heart and for me to wear a heart monitor for a month. The echo and blood work came back clear, except it showed I had active mono. This would be the 3rd time I've had mono in my life. Thinking that's why I was feeling this way I was relieved. I continued to wear the heart monitor over the month of August. My symptoms just kept getting worse. I went back to the ER again cause my heart rate was 150 and I couldn't even sleep. They done more blood work and tests, including an abdominal CT scan to make sure my spleen and liver wasn't enlarged due to mono. Everything came back clear. They gave me a coupe bags of IV fluid and some Ativan to help me sleep and sent me home. My symptoms only became worse. I couldn't sleep for days, my heart rate was going up to 200 bpm. My whole body was in so much pain and I began to have burning sensations. After my skin stopped burning, my whole body went numb. It started with my legs going numb and worked its way up my body. I also couldn't taste, smell, or see good. I hardly could put any weight on my legs. I literally had to hold to the walls to even get to the bathroom because I couldn't hardly walk. I thought I was going to die. My body felt like it was shutting down. I couldn't even eat because I was so nauseated. My doctor done more blood work to check for autoimmune diseases such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. He also checked my cortisol levels. Which all was normal. He ordered an MRI of my brain, and it came back normal. Gradually my sense of feeling, smelling, and taste came back. I still can't feel things like I used to. Nothing tastes the same either. Smells make me nauseated, even if its good smells. My personality as even changed. I can't hardly remember things anymore. I went from being a happy, social, and smart person to someone who has so much anger over everything, can't think or focus and hates to be around people. All my friends and family think it’s just anxiety and depression, but I know something bad happened to me. I still feel horrible and weak all the time. I can't hardly get out of the bed. If anyone has any answers to my symptoms, please help me!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Wow I’m so  sorry to hear this Hun your so young .I had Gillian Barrie Syndrome ( gbs) Suffered before week till I collapsed . If tongling , numbness check Into my disease as your dr about it , See if that could be issue I only got detective with spinal tab all you had I had to past out was paralysis had urin track infection and flue shot . Seems infection flue shot caused it You said You had Mono?  

Not sure special with Mono maybe Mono is doing this my niece had monopp

• Posted

Hey! So, I would look more into lyme and it's coinfections. Often, lyme is mistaken for lupus, mono and MS. It's a very nasty disease and is underestimated by doctors. So, Look into more testing and such for it. I went from being happy, social and active and had a good life to out of no where very sick. Literally, happened over night and made 0 sense too me. Until now I just started putting pieces together and believe I am suffering from lyme and its coinfections and maybe even mold exposure. Which if I were you, I'd look into that too. I have a lot of your symptoms as well. It also may be a good idea to rule Gillian Barrie Syndrome like the other person mentioned even though it is extremely rare. Lyme and co infections mess up your immune system very bad and causes lots of autoimmune problems.  OH AND get your thyroid checked out! and get a full lab work done for vitamin levels. I had some really low ones that was causing problems. Lastly, I had a spinal tap done for severe headaches, back pain and neck pain. The spinal tap experience was hell and useless for me. It created more problems and pain than worth. But, it is worth it to get one if you think you have meningitis and it can show if you have MS bands and few other things. (Google spinal tap and the reasons for getting one and see if it may be a good idea to request it)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.