Need help deiciding if this plan is okay?? (ASAP!!)

Posted , 5 users are following.

So.

Chances are, I'm getting institutionalized for my severe/crippling anxiety and depression.

I know exactly who + what triggers my anxiety and depression.

My entire household situation that is growing more and more emotionally abusive and receives more physical abuse threats on the daily.

I've dealt with this for nine years, as I said, my wellbeing has deteriorated GREATLY. I'm 16 years old. Trans but not accepted.

If I get institutionalized, I'm planning to confess everything that's been happening and ask them to just say they want to try seeing how I do away from the household for a bit. To see if there's any improvement, you know? (Which there will. I'm damn near anxiety free and pretty relaxed when they're gone and away from me.) I'm likely going to lose all of my stuff.

After I confess, I'm going to find a friend to try and stay with until I can manage on my own. I physically, emotionally, and mentally can't handle this. I've missed my period, I'm in constant pain, I almost faint on a regular basis, and I have at least two emotional breakdowns daily. I can't handle this anymore.

I have friends who I know support me, and would be willing to take me in. But does this sound safe? I'm scared because my last surviving parent is the one involved, but for my wellbeing I can't be around them anymore.

Please response ASAP!!!!

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Planning to stay with your friends is not such a hot idea. But talking the truth to the medics would be. If you get committed by health care officials rather than voluntary, yoou have no idea how long you will be in there. It sounds like you have alot on your plate at the moment, you should not rush anything, these situations have a tendancy to lead themselves. Go and get evaluated, make sure you get a Psycholigist that you are comfortable with (youhave the right to change who you talk to if you don't like them) and let everything come out. They will check you physical symptoms out also. Your age is very much on your side, you have the right to be who ever you want to be, although some choices are hard for others to except, it's your life and not theirs, My advice is to take baby steps, one at a time, plans are a nice idea, but there are people that are dedicated to help you and discuss any options that are open to you. Relying on friends may start off okay, but ultimatly you have to look after your self. At 16, things are going to be tough at the begining but be yourself and lfe will get more forfilling and easier for you. I wish you luck. 

• Posted

I've been saving up what money I'm able to have, but for the most part my last surviving parent and so-called "step-parent" are going to take me to see a psychiatrist to try and get me committed for who knows how long. I've been diagnosed already with severe anxiety + clinical depression, and in this situation they help cause it's only been getting progressively worse with breakdowns multiple times a day--despite all efforts on my own to try and manage my symptoms. (Medication, coping skills, etc...)

My friends are a tad older than I am, but have offered before in terrible situations a place to stay until I get off the ground, which I couldn't be more thankful for.

For now, it seems I might be forced into going into this place--whatever it's like--but hopefully it'll be for the best.

I appreciate the support!!

• Posted

Sadly, because of your age, you may not have a choice in this situation. Wait and see what happens. You come across very inteligent and I'm sure that you will make the best of what ever happens. If you do go in, just go with the flow,you know that it's not forever and fighting it may exasperate the stay. Use the time to think about paths you want to take. There will come a point hopefully where you can comunicate better with the ones you care about and care about you. Your smart, use that gift.

• Posted

Hi 

I am soo sorry you are in this position at such a young age.  I would advise you to seek proffessional help and support with your anxiety and depression.  

Yes I agree you would have to remove yourself from people that are affecting your mental health.

I don't know if you are in a place that you would need to be institutionalized and agree with pistal it might be a bad idea at this present time. There is loads of support out there and I would go to your GP first make lots of enquires about trans support groups etc..

I am not sure why pistol feels finding a friend to stay with is a bad idea I personal feel if you have a god friend that would support and let you stay until you get sorted would be a better option until you get sorted..

You be who ever you want and wish you all the best.  But please seek as much support as you possibly can as you are still very young..

• Posted

Hi Laura, You could verywell be right (I don't know mcncheri`s friends), just trying to Promote Independence. Sofa surfing just seems a little short term. smile

• Posted

Hi pistol

Yes I believe in being independent as well and being reliant on no-one.. I am coming from a quick get out now and go to friends until other arrangements can be made..

• Posted

You sound like a very wise person and to know what's triggering you in your emotions. I get that with certain people who either are a black cloud or just give me major anxiety. You have to do what is best for you. Taking care of YOU. Getting help from someone you trust and feel good about.

• Posted

Feel so sorry for you I experienced the same during my childhood .. I wish I'd got help back then ..I left it too late ..I'm now 44 most of my life a joke .. I still get abuse from my family.. for some reason they don't leave me alone ..I have severe depression. .bipolar disorder bouts of insomnia &;panic attacks/anxiety. I believe all caused by the family.. joke isn't it.. I go away now n then for 2 months at a time ..my word the difference it makes to my life ..I feel like I dnt nd meds when I'm there ..such a weight is lifted everytime even when I'm dealt sh*t there.. you get all the help you can while your young move away from your family bcuz they are the toxic waste in your life .. I wish I had ..good luck to u x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.