Need help Diagnosing, potential Kidney issues

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’ve been experiencing intense fatigue, body and head aches, and fluctuations in tempterature (mostly heat) lately. Also have been feeling constantly thirsty even though I drink a lot of water and take electrolytes. I get up almost every night to urinate, and just recently my urine had been darker than usual. I am 30 and an athlete, not overweight, eat a healthy diet, sleep 8 hours a night. Went for diabetes check last year and it was negative. If anyone has any advice of what this might point to I would be greatful. Thank you. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Perhaps exhaustion? Maybe your doing too much ?
  • Posted

Sounds like your definitely dehydrated Jeremy. What sort of electrolytes are you taking, and how much? Have you had your bloods tested? You may have a low eGFR, kidney issues. I have a low eGFR and I’m experiencing similar issues to you. 
  • Posted

Dear Jeremy,

Time to see a G.P. ask for tests. If you are drinking lots of water only natural you would need to get up in the night. Test papers only cost about £7 for a hundred and would put your mind at rest concerning conditions like Glucose and Protein in the urine. If so, do not worry doctors see these conditions every day and solutions are often simple and quick and may not indicate anything serious or sinister. 

Good luck and don't worry, Regards, E 

• Posted

Thank you Eric! What do you mean by test papers? Is that something I can purchase myself and use at home? Or are you talking about tests from a doctor’s office. 

Thank you kindly,

J

• Posted

Jeremy

What Eric is referring to regarding 'test papers' are the Urine test trips.

These can be bought and if you dip them in your urine they will show if there is any blood, protein,sugar or bacteria in it.

Eric... you are not thick you just forgot the name of the strips lol x

• Posted

* missed the S from the trips = Strips lol
  • Posted

Jeremy, you need blood tests to check your inflammatory markers, namely ESR and CRP, to rule out certain inflammatory conditions.  If, by saying you are feeling thirsty all the time translates to having a dry mouth, look up symptoms for Sjogren’s Syndrome and see if they match your’s.  You could

also get your sugar levels checked again to see if they have remained within the normal range since tested last year, also your thyroid levels.

• Posted

Dear Jeremy,

I'm actually a fairly thick individual. But you have a contributor there called Mrs O of Surrey. She is kind clever and highly professional. So if you have her your home and dry. 

One can buy these test papers on Amazon or ebay and some chemists . Or just go to the G.P. and they should do it for nothing. Or just ask a friendly nurse. 

Regards, E   

• Posted

Oh!  Dear Eric, you do yourself an injustice - you’re not “thick” at all.  After all, you have been kind enough to answer someone’s cry for help with your helpful advice.  As for your very generous compliments about me (undeserved, I’m sure), I am blushing!  Bless you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.