Need help diet and shortness of breath

Posted , 9 users are following.

im 31 year old male. i need help and ideas why yes im seeing a doctor i am looking for someone who may have experienced or has information on this.i get abnormal symptoms after certain foods or drinks.short of breath, lightheaded with twitches, nasial congestion, feeling like i cant breath properly, stomach bloating, belching and indigestion and its even more harder to breathe when i lay down. these symptoms start with only 10 minutes of certain foods or drinks and they usually last 6 hours! when they calm down i xan lay down and breathe normal. alot of foods trigger it like fruit juices, pizzas, cereal, chocolate bars junk food, fast food, pop, beer. really the only way i found to manage this problem is by not eating to much. could it be food allergies? breathing issues from bloating and its pushing into my lungs or diaphram? gerd? please need help

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

i also take 225 mg of effexor which i have heard people have had breathing issues taking it but its not to common

• Posted

Hi,

I had/have similar symptoms and I was recently diagnosed with a hiatus hernia, gastritis and IBS... I have cut out gluten and fat... Ask your doc about an endoscopy to have a look to see what's going on?

• Posted

i did have an upper scope done which they saw inflamation but no hernia or anything. i really think effexor is causing be alot of these issues. its going to be a nitemare trying to go off this drug and seap to another antidepressant. effexor is not helping me at all depression and anxiety wise anymore. what of i cant find a drug to ease this depression??

• Posted

You can find other ways to help with depression such as relaxation therapy, seeing a therapist and distraction techniques such as a hobby or walking. Fresh air can really lift your mood. Try these things instead of antidepressants.

• Posted

i cant leave the house in my state. im out of breath just walking 1 minute. to much acid reflux and shortness of breath and constant lightheadedness like ill go unconcious. i cant distract myself i wish i could leave the house buts to much in this state. i have bad panicks attacks i dont see how i can function without antidepressants. i went on them because of 24/7 panic attacks that wouldnt let up. antidepressants initally really helped me get through that

• Posted

Hi dave00515

You have answered your own question. The food you eat causes if. Change your diet and eat healthier food. Find a good dietician who can give you a good diet programme....

• Posted

Wellbutrin SR helped me with very bad depression. And hardly no side effects. Along with ativan. The new depression drugs cause more pain than help. Through my experience. And yes anxiety and depression does hinder digestion. Can cause more problems than you think.

• Posted

I I could not take effexor also you will have to wean off that drug like the doctor asked you to dodo not stop taking it cold turkey there are lots of other meds that will work for you the newest one they have is trifexis and it is a wonderful drug ask your doctor about that

• Posted

If you know what foods trigger these symptoms, you should avoid those foods.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.