Need help from other anxiety sufferers.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

So I'm 22 years old, I've suffered with depression since I was 16, I've always had social anxiety since I was young but the. past year or so I've been having really bad panic attacks and keep worrying something is wrong with me. Last year for months I was so bad with health anxiety I caused myself gastritis and now I have ibs. I couldn't eat and lost loads of weight, I had horrible headaches and was sure I had some kind of tumour. I had all these different symptons and saw a Dr lots of times but kept getting told it was all anxiety and stress. My boyfriend stuck by me trough all of this and I managed to get through it all an get better. Now I feel it all coming back, I have really bad stomache pains, pains in my left leg which I'm convincing I have a blood clot, I have to keep asking my boyfriend if my leg looks ok. I keep checking it all the time and convincing myself that I have something wrong and I just really don't want to put my boyfriend through all this again. I don't want to go to the doctor because I'm afraid they will get annoyed with me. I've taken anti depressants, things to control anxiety and panic attacks and now I've started exercising but nothing seems to work. I just feel like I'm going to breakdown again and I don't know what to do.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm going through the same type of stuff I have been to the er many times they can't find nothing wrong. So it is all anxiety. I wouldnt wish this problem on my worst enemy.
  • Posted

I have also had the same problem with anxiety. It is really hard to deal with and usually talking to a doctor doesn't help. Anxiety is a mental problem so you need to deal with it in a certain way. Similar to the treatment of depression. Meditation is a great way to deal with anxiety as well as exercising on a regular basis. Taking time for yourself, with your boyfriend and friends to relax your mind and focus on your needs. 

Try to see what it is that makes you feel this way and try to deal with it in a sensible manner. There are many things in life that can cause us to develop anxiety the problem is many of us aren't able to deal or solve the issue properly. 

I really really hope I have helped you and if you have any other questions feel free to ask me! I am a girl with plenty of experience!

• Posted

hi Sophie, I am a sufferer of Anxiety too!! Sadly no Doctors really understand what its all about. Ok I have regular reflexology or a massage eg aromatherepy. I have beta blockers to help me & also take rescue remedy. If you have a good local health food shop they should be able to help you. regards amanda
    • Posted

Im the same i had a mamagramm conviced i had breast cancer due to pain . Now think i have cervical cancer due to back aach .and will not give me a test as im not due yet! An also obsessed with my heart thinking its not gunna last much longer. Nighrmare xx
    • Posted

I have been dealing with anexity and depression and DP!! Over a year! I get so upset I am so tired of feeling this way! What do the beta blockers do? I have heard of Thera using them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.